• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Who's had the vaccine?

I'm still not the right age bracket! My husband is but we can't get anything local, will wait for our surgery to contact I think that way we can go a bit more local. It's been a funny 12 months!

had my 2nd dose last night - was due next week anyway but the centre called me to ask if I could come if they had any spare doses at the end of the day... sore arm today so hopefully no other side effects like last time - although I am feeling very grumpy but thats not unusual on a Saturday!

Interesting side effect of my first dose was a bit of numbness/pins and needles in the fingers of the jab arm. Took about a day to appear and today (day 5) it seems to have gone. Only mild so I'm thinking it was maybe more to do with sticking the needle in than what was injected. The woman that did it was a champion - didn't feel a thing! She said very specifically "Relax your arm" so I did as much as I could and I reckon that makes a difference to how sore you might get at the jab site. It's hard not to tense... especially if you watch the needle (don't!) and it's harder to push a needle into a tense muscle - there's more resistance I think.

Can you remember getting the TB jab at school? We had a special assembly about not punching people in the jab arm (which obviously triggered a wave of tough-guy arm punching amongst the lads). That one swelled up like a volcano and left a nice little scar for years. But I've never had TB - yay!

Interesting side effect of my first dose was a bit of numbness/pins and needles in the fingers of the jab arm. Took about a day to appear and today (day 5) it seems to have gone. Only mild so I'm thinking it was maybe more to do with sticking the needle in than what was injected. The woman that did it was a champion - didn't feel a thing! She said very specifically "Relax your arm" so I did as much as I could and I reckon that makes a difference to how sore you might get at the jab site. It's hard not to tense... especially if you watch the needle (don't!) and it's harder to push a needle into a tense muscle - there's more resistance I think.

Can you remember getting the TB jab at school? We had a special assembly about not punching people in the jab arm (which obviously triggered a wave of tough-guy arm punching amongst the lads). That one swelled up like a volcano and left a nice little scar for years. But I've never had TB - yay!
I had mine yesterday, I’ve never had such a slow and stingy injection! Oh she took forever at it. Arm felt like it had been stabbed with a blunt kitchen knife. Feeling a bit better now but still feels very bruised.

I administer TB vaccines to newborns and I hate it! The scar says that the right reaction happened, I don’t have a scar and it causes a right faff every time at occupational health. It’s technically very difficult to give, it sits between layers of the skin. They made us practice it on each other with saline and it huuuurt!

I had my second AZ on Saturday, pleased to say no side effects at all this time. I thought booking it that day would be better just in case I felt as rough as the 1st, but I was able to enjoy the weekend no problem.😀

I'm due my second pfizer Wednesday 😁, daddy pig was supposed to get his first tomorrow but it's been cancelled with no alternative given due to it being astrazeneca at that site and being under 40 xx

I had my first dose of Astra-Zeneca last week and oh my goodness the side effects were horrible! Knocked me out completely, couldnt get out of bed for 24 hours... but it all went away as quickly as it came on and I'm actually the only person I know who has had any side effects at all! Just glad to be joining the vaccinated club at last, and hopefully the side effects mean that my immune system is doing all the right things!

I had my first dose of Astra-Zeneca last week and oh my goodness the side effects were horrible! Knocked me out completely, couldnt get out of bed for 24 hours... but it all went away as quickly as it came on and I'm actually the only person I know who has had any side effects at all! Just glad to be joining the vaccinated club at last, and hopefully the side effects mean that my immune system is doing all the right things!
And hopefully you won't get any side effects for the 2nd. I geared myself up to expect the worst and it was fine. Yes look on the bright side that first time round it's a good sign to feel so rubbish!

Hubby had his first AZ and was knocked out by it, fever and just slept for pretty much 24 hours. Brother had his a couple of days ago and again had fever but also vomitting and felt rough for a few days. I think I might be lucky as I'm under 40 so hopefully will avoid the AZ based on the incredibly small number of blood clot cases (lower than you would expect in the normal population). So fingers crossed when it's my turn I won't have such bad side effects

Hubby had his first AZ and was knocked out by it, fever and just slept for pretty much 24 hours. Brother had his a couple of days ago and again had fever but also vomitting and felt rough for a few days. I think I might be lucky as I'm under 40 so hopefully will avoid the AZ based on the incredibly small number of blood clot cases (lower than you would expect in the normal population). So fingers crossed when it's my turn I won't have such bad side effects
Fingers crossed. At work we all had Pfizer and there has been a while range from no side effects at all to having to take a coupe of days off work. I was knocked sideways but no time off, I was poorly on my day off 🤦

Fingers crossed 🤞 I had 0 with my first Pfizer but heard side effects worse with second one from a couple of people, hoping for none again as its the day before my birthday 😂

Fingers crossed 🤞 I had 0 with my first Pfizer but heard side effects worse with second one from a couple of people, hoping for none again as its the day before my birthday 😂
I was fine after my second. I was worried about it but apart from a sore arm I was tired and had a couple of early nights but otherwise very much able to function.

I was fine after my second. I was worried about it but apart from a sore arm I was tired and had a couple of early nights but otherwise very much able to function.
That's very reassuring to know thankyou! It knocked my mum off her feet the second one 😬

You are in good company with having a reaction to the OAZ jab. Everyone I know has had similar side effects (including me and the OH) but it’s going to be so worth it.

Back