• Potteries GPR Christmas Fair Saturday 16th November 2019 Information Click Here Come join us at the Forum Table at this Event.
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Why Does My Guinea Pig Stay Still And Make No Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
:wel: to the forum .

Are you happy to add your location to your profile ? We have members from all over the world and it is really helpful to know whether you are based in the UK/US – or elsewhere. Having an idea of your Country + location can sometimes help us tailor our advice .

ChewyTheGuinea

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:wel: to the forum .

Are you happy to add your location to your profile ? We have members from all over the world and it is really helpful to know whether you are based in the UK/US – or elsewhere. Having an idea of your Country + location can sometimes help us tailor our advice .
Okay!

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
You are right to suspect the problem may be that your guinea pig is lonely. Guinea pigs like to have company. I am hoping we can give you advice about rescues that could help you find a companion for your boy.

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
My friend's guinea pig is having babies, I'm waiting for her to have them
Oh gosh ! Is you friend joining this forum too ?

Please make sure you get someone to check the sex of the babies properly. This forum doesn't encourage breeding and we don't want you to have unwanted babies .

Freela

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
There are lots of reasons for a guinea pig to stand still and not make noise. Fear (guinea pigs tend to either freeze or flee- a spooked guinea pig may freeze in the hopes that a predator won't see them.) Boredom (a guinea pig with nothing else to do may default to just standing there.) Even sleep is a possibility (guinea pigs can and do sometimes sleep with eyes open- a pig that appears zoned out may actually be napping with eyes open, especially if they are nervous and not inclined to lay down and shut their eyes. One of my more tightly wound pigs I actually never saw close her eyes, though she may well have done so at night when I wasn't looking!)

Status
Not open for further replies.