• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Why Does My Guinea Pig Stay Still And Make No Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wel: to the forum .

Are you happy to add your location to your profile ? We have members from all over the world and it is really helpful to know whether you are based in the UK/US – or elsewhere. Having an idea of your Country + location can sometimes help us tailor our advice .

:wel: to the forum .

Are you happy to add your location to your profile ? We have members from all over the world and it is really helpful to know whether you are based in the UK/US – or elsewhere. Having an idea of your Country + location can sometimes help us tailor our advice .

Okay!

Is that your Guinea Pig in your avatar? He's gorgeous! How long have you had him?

You are right to suspect the problem may be that your guinea pig is lonely. Guinea pigs like to have company. I am hoping we can give you advice about rescues that could help you find a companion for your boy.

My friend's guinea pig is having babies, I'm waiting for her to have them
Oh gosh ! Is you friend joining this forum too ?

Please make sure you get someone to check the sex of the babies properly. This forum doesn't encourage breeding and we don't want you to have unwanted babies .

There are lots of reasons for a guinea pig to stand still and not make noise. Fear (guinea pigs tend to either freeze or flee- a spooked guinea pig may freeze in the hopes that a predator won't see them.) Boredom (a guinea pig with nothing else to do may default to just standing there.) Even sleep is a possibility (guinea pigs can and do sometimes sleep with eyes open- a pig that appears zoned out may actually be napping with eyes open, especially if they are nervous and not inclined to lay down and shut their eyes. One of my more tightly wound pigs I actually never saw close her eyes, though she may well have done so at night when I wasn't looking!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back