• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why Does She Do This?

Heatherrrr712

New Born Pup
Reaction score
i have a young guinea pig and sometimes she randomly runs in circles and jumps up and down. I can't tell if it's a guinea pig seizure or what because she seems to have control of where she's running but not her jumping. She ends up jumping pretty high.

Usually, she's just happy and excited. If it happens often and there are no other side effects it is probably not a seizure; just a popcorning pig!

Usually, she's just happy and excited. If it happens often and there are no other side effects it is probably not a seizure; just a popcorning pig!
Yea probably just a happy popcornig pig.
But if u feel like its a seizure then u can always visit the vet.
:bronco:

It's called popcorning and it's a sign that they are excited. It happens more often in baby/young pigs and some pigs are more excitable than others. I've had a couple of excitable youngsters who would popcorn into walls, into other pigs, would try to popcorn while laying down, etc. Enjoy it while it lasts, as while older pigs will still popcorn, that really excitable phase tends to be limited to the younger months!

You have a happy piggy! I love to see popcorning piggies :love:. Mine occasionally popcorn now and then it is only a little jump. They still zoomie around the run and hutch a bit but not as much as the used to.

Thanks! How long does it take for them to grow up?

It's called popcorning and it's a sign that they are excited. It happens more often in baby/young pigs and some pigs are more excitable than others. I've had a couple of excitable youngsters who would popcorn into walls, into other pigs, would try to popcorn while laying down, etc. Enjoy it while it lasts, as while older pigs will still popcorn, that really excitable phase tends to be limited to the younger months!

Back