• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Status
Not open for further replies.

missGpiggy2705

New Born Pup
Reaction score
The other day i notice that my little piggy started smelling very bad however i didn't think anything of it and the time. It was only the next day I took a look in the bottom area to see the there was white gunky/goowy stuff around and on her genitals. I'm not too sure if it is causing her pain when peeing or pooing however it is causing her pain when i lift her up extra. But when i tried to rinse the area the white stuff (very genitally) i saw the her vagina was really red and looked so sore. All the hair on her tummy is worn away and it is just her sore skin. I am booking a vet appointment tomorrow but i am sooooo worried about her and would really like to know what is going on. It looks like an infection but really need some help

Background info: my piggy is a female and had given birth but not recently (about a year ago) when she was quite young she lives with her sister.
Just over a year old
Also i just had a new garden and new grass, i have been putting the piggys out in the run in the day like normal so the grass may be affecting it.

Hi & welcome to the forum :) Unfortunately nobody will be able to tell you what it is, likely an infection of some sort but you need to see a vet & get antibiotics for her. I would keep them both off grass for the time being :)

The other day i notice that my little piggy started smelling very bad however i didn't think anything of it and the time. It was only the next day I took a look in the bottom area to see the there was white gunky/goowy stuff around and on her genitals. I'm not too sure if it is causing her pain when peeing or pooing however it is causing her pain when i lift her up extra. But when i tried to rinse the area the white stuff (very genitally) i saw the her vagina was really red and looked so sore. All the hair on her tummy is worn away and it is just her sore skin. I am booking a vet appointment tomorrow but i am sooooo worried about her and would really like to know what is going on. It looks like an infection but really need some help

Background info: my piggy is a female and had given birth but not recently (about a year ago) when she was quite young she lives with her sister.
Just over a year old
Also i just had a new garden and new grass, i have been putting the piggys out in the run in the day like normal so the grass may be affecting it.

Please have her seen by a vet for an infection of either the urinary tract/bladder or the uterus; make sure that your vet checks both! The loss of hair is caused by urine scald.

Make sure that you spot clean her special corners daily or even more often or change any cosies frequently so she cannot sit in the urine. Gently was the sore area with hand warm water, dry carefully and then thinly cream it with a suitable product that is safe to swallow. Your vet can give you a suitable mild cream. It should heal off pretty quickly and the hair should grow back again.

Please have her seen by a vet for an infection of either the urinary tract/bladder or the uterus; make sure that your vet checks both! The loss of hair is caused by urine scald.

Make sure that you spot clean her special corners daily or even more often or change any cosies frequently so she cannot sit in the urine. Gently was the sore area with hand warm water, dry carefully and then thinly cream it with a suitable product that is safe to swallow. Your vet can give you a suitable mild cream. It should heal off pretty quickly and the hair should grow back again.

Thank you so much I am so worried about her I am scared that it is going to be something quite serious but she is acting like her normal self still and eating and drinking fine. I already washed her with mild warm water and changed her bedding I just need to (like you said) take her to the vets ASAP so they can give her some creams. Again thank you so much will do some research into the infections and urine scald online

Thank you so much I am so worried about her I am scared that it is going to be something quite serious but she is acting like her normal self still and eating and drinking fine. I already washed her with mild warm water and changed her bedding I just need to (like you said) take her to the vets ASAP so they can give her some creams. Again thank you so much will do some research into the infections and urine scald online

Here is a link to urine scald. If the pee is very smelly, then it is more likely either a cystitis (inflammation of the bladder walls, which can or cannot be cause by a stone or bladder sludge) or a problem with the womb (can go into pyometra, infection of the womb lining) than a plain urine infection (UTI). The symptoms are very much the same. I have had both scenarios with sows of mine over the years. A scan or x-ray can bring clarity.
Guinea Lynx :: Urine Scald
Guinea Lynx :: UTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back