• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can Bloat Medication Be Given Alongside A Diuretic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans&Toast

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Toast is on 0.2mls of Frusemide (spelling?) twice daily for bladder issues, but I've just noticed she's feeling a bit bloaty.

Is it safe to give Infacol and/or Emeprid along side the diuretic?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it can be given but it has to be at a different time.

You could always try the car seat/electric toothbrush method if you have them while you wait for a better answer :)

Fudge gets occasionally mild bloating, and i give her zantac and metacloprimide.. She is on 1ml frusemide every 8 hours. My vet doesnt have an issue with this, but i would call your vet and ask the receptionist to go and ask a vet or a nurse, just to be safe x

Fudge gets occasionally mild bloating, and i give her zantac and metacloprimide.. She is on 1ml frusemide every 8 hours. My vet doesnt have an issue with this, but i would call your vet and ask the receptionist to go and ask a vet or a nurse, just to be safe x
Thanks! I don't know if I can bring myself to phone them, lately I've been phoning a lot as they've both had a lot of things going on, they'll think "oh God not her again! " :whistle:

Thanks! I don't know if I can bring myself to phone them, lately I've been phoning a lot as they've both had a lot of things going on, they'll think "oh God not her again! " :whistle:

I know exactly how u feel- but after losing my baby, and seeing the vet twice in one night, i know now more than ever that if u feel u should call or go in, then u should do it. I dont give a jot what they think now, i'll phone everyday if I'm not sure! X

I know exactly how you feel- but after losing my baby, and seeing the vet twice in one night, i know now more than ever that if you feel you should call or go in, then you should do it. I dont give a jot what they think now, i'll phone everyday if I'm not sure! X
Yeah you're right. Better to be safe. Plus I've spent more than 3k there since March so I feel it's the least they can do to take all my calls :P

She's still a bit bloaty l. She tends to get it quite often and Infacol usually does the trick as it's quite mild bloat. :nod:

Less bloated bit still a little firm for my liking. This heat isn't helping, they don't seem to want to move around too much :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back