• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Crusty red spot on belly

D

DM031020

Hi there, just went to hold my skinny pig Stella, and noticed this weird mark/rash on her belly. It's a reddish circle with dry skin on it. I'm new to this form and don't know how to upload pictures so if someone could let me know how to do that it would be much appreciated. I'm seriously concerned that it is ringworm, but it could just be a scratch or something, and need advice asap as she lives with 4 other females and we don't know what to do.

Thank you for any help!
-Tilly

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Tilly, you need to take your photo and then from this site look for the green attach File (the one with the paper clip) button just below on the left, this should take you to your photo library, select the photo you want and select Done
I use an iPad so it may be different depending on what you use

D

DM031020

There's no paper clip icon or the simular one on the post options just asks to insert a Web address. I'm very confused 😂

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
You need to get Stella to a vet for a proper diagnosis.
Don’t panic about things.
Find out what the problem is and then you will know what you’re dealing with.
You will find a lot of support here

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there, just went to hold my skinny pig Stella, and noticed this weird mark/rash on her belly. It's a reddish circle with dry skin on it. I'm new to this form and don't know how to upload pictures so if someone could let me know how to do that it would be much appreciated. I'm seriously concerned that it is ringworm, but it could just be a scratch or something, and need advice asap as she lives with 4 other females and we don't know what to do.

Thank you for any help!
-Tilly
Hi

You can use the picture icon on the top bar, upload via Attach Files from underneath your post or upload elsewhere and copy/paste across.

But please take a deep breath and calm down. Whatever it is, it not the end of the world by an means.
We would appreciate it if you didn't use upper case in your titles and rather mentioned the problem in it. Your thread is not seen any sooner just because you shout help. I have changed your title for you.

D

DM031020

Welcome to the forum.
You need to get Stella to a vet for a proper diagnosis.
Don’t panic about things.
Find out what the problem is and then you will know what you’re dealing with.
You will find a lot of support here
Thank you so much. I'll try and figure out how to post the photos. I just upload them to my Instagram and will try and share that or something. Thanks for the advice and help!

D

DM031020

Hi

You can use the picture icon on the top bar, upload via Attach Files from underneath your post or upload elsewhere and copy/paste across.

But please take a deep breath and calm down. Whatever it is, it not the end of the world by an means.
We would appreciate it if you didn't use upper case in your titles and rather mentioned the problem in it. Your thread is not seen any sooner just because you shout help. I have changed your title for you.
Thank you! I'm just confused and can't figure out how to get pics up because that would be really useful xx

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
When you write a message in the box along the bottom you will see 4 green boxes.
One is marked ‘Attach files’.
This is the one to click on to attach photos from your library.
What device are you using?
This is the way I do it from my iPad.
From my Mac it’s a copy the photo and paste it in job.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm just confused and can't figure out how to get pics up because that would be really useful xx
One of the three methods in my post should work. Just calm down and take your time. The problem won't get any worse with you doing that. Make sure that the picture is well lit and clear so we can really see what is getting on.

PS: PLEASE remove your postcode from your location ASAP for your own protection. Posting your county will help us but protect your privacy. it also saves us having to waste time with googling where you are. Please be aware that we are a public space where unregistered members can read what you are posting.

D

DM031020

Thank you for any help!
-Tilly
Tilly, you need to take your photo and then from this site look for the green attach File (the one with the paper clip) button just below on the left, this should take you to your photo library, select the photo you want and select Done
So I've uploaded them to my piggie Instagram. Would you be able to just take a look and offer some advice.
When you write a message in the box along the bottom you will see 4 green boxes.
One is marked ‘Attach files’.
This is the one to click on to attach photos from your library.
What device are you using?
This is the way I do it from my iPad.
From my Mac it’s a copy the photo and paste it in job.
I don't get 4 green boxes. All mine says is 'post reply' and 'preview'

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
So I've uploaded them to my piggie Instagram. Would you be able to just take a look and offer some advice.

I don't get 4 green boxes. All mine says is 'post reply' and 'preview'
Can you please copy/paste the picture across and stop plastering your personal information all over a public area.

D

DM031020

Can you please copy/paste the picture across and stop plastering your personal information all over a public area.
Omg I'm so sorry I'm just really upset an don't have a clue what I'm doing and it said I had to enter a valid address to register. I'm actually gonna cry. I don't know what to do 😭😭😭

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Can you find either of these two icons the insert picture/phot in the menu bar or the attach files button in the Bottom left of the screen. I’m sorry I don’t have instagram

8CC5A16D-5F1E-4BD0-93A2-0CB3522093EC.jpeg

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Ca
Omg I'm so sorry I'm just really upset an don't have a clue what I'm doing and it said I had to enter a valid address to register. I'm actually gonna cry. I don't know what to do 😭😭😭
Please firstly see whether you can copy your picture on instagram and then paste it into your next post first.

Then you click on your username on the top bar. Click on account details on the menu that comes up. Then go to location (the first item in account details) and change it to your county. Only you can access your personal details.

I will delete your instagram username in the previous posts for you to make sure that you are safe.
PS: Unfortunately not everybody on here is on instragram, me included.

D

DM031020

Ca

Please firstly see whether you can copy your picture on instagram and then paste it into your next post first.

Then you click on your username on the top bar. Click on account details on the menu that comes up. Then go to location (the first item in account details) and change it to your county. Only you can access your personal details.

I will delete your instagram username in the previous posts for you to make sure that you are safe.
Okay thank you so much!

D

DM031020

Have a virtual hug :hug:
When you’re trying to find a way around an unfamiliar forum and worrying about a piggy it can seem a bit much.
Everyone is trying to help you but also keep you safe online
Yeah sorry I was abit panicked but feeling much better now. Thank you so much!

D

DM031020

Finally figured it out! One of my other pigs started to get scabbing on her nose aswell and the hair is coming away abit thereIMG_20201002_214736_685.jpg20201002_212657.jpgIMG_20201002_214736_685.jpg and she get quite dry and flakey feet and the rest of my pigs don't have any of that. Will try to send some more photos!