• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cuteness overloads and a lot of fluff, beware!

So... Woke up at 2 am last night to Percy and Pedro doing a chase and popcorning. 😆 Percy was chasing Pedro whilst strutting, but then Pedro chased Percy, both trying to touch each other's butts but shown no signs of trying to mount, they just kinda 'tagged' eachother, then they started hopping around the cage randomly like crazy things, and then they both ran to opposite sides of the cage, spun around, ran to one-another, hopped around some more... And then took a drink break.

Percy tried to keep this bizzare game going after the drink break, jumping around Pedro and seemingly trying to get Pedro to chase him again, but I think Pedro was tuckered out as he waddled back into the hide, so Percy sorta sat there a moment, and then went to nibble on pellets before joining Pedro in the hide to go back to sleep.

Does anyone else rub their guinea pig's ears? Percy loves a good ear rub. 😛
Saw videos online of guinea pigs licking each other's ears as friendly grooming and decided to try rubbing Percy's ears to mimic it and he just melts.

20201117_132529.jpg20201117_132609.jpg20201117_132618.jpg

Pedro meanwhile shakes his head if you touch his ears, so he doesn't quite trust me yet. 😆 He is more a chin-rub piggy.

Your piggies are gorgeous! Fluff fluff fluff everywhere! 😍😍😍

I've never had long haired piggies. We've had a fluffy teddy and a rex though. Hubby usually try not to adopt a long haired one because obviously too much maintenance we need to do. But he used to say avoid black piggies with black toes coz it's quite difficult cutting their nails. And now we have a black piggy! I guess time will tell if he'll agree getting long haired piggies in the future! 🤞🙏😊

Your piggies are gorgeous! Fluff fluff fluff everywhere! 😍😍😍

I've never had long haired piggies. We've had a fluffy teddy and a rex though. Hubby usually try not to adopt a long haired one because obviously too much maintenance we need to do. But he used to say avoid black piggies with black toes coz it's quite difficult cutting their nails. And now we have a black piggy! I guess time will tell if he'll agree getting long haired piggies in the future! 🤞🙏😊

I brush mine 3 times a day, though I only have these two so it doesn't take too much time. 😆 I imagine those who have herds of long hairs spend far longer in brushing their piggies though! They are wonderful with their funky hairdos and like any piggy, can be quite cuddly with their humans. 😄

20201118_114155.jpg20201118_114310.jpg

Trying to book a vet appointment for Pedro as I am suspecting that he might have ear mites or an ear infection, his head tilt was worse last night and he fell over when standing up and grooming himself, he is looking better this morning and is his usual self again, but I still really want him checked out now.

Percy is going to tag along too, as if it is ear mites, he might have them too, plus he'll keep Pedro calm.

Let us know how you get on at the vets.
Holding you in my thoughts

Still waiting on a reply by the vets, though I shall let you know when we go!

Also I had an idea based off those catnip filled paper balls, but instead it is a paper ball filled with tasty nature's salad.

20201121_160428.jpg20201121_160410.jpg

20201121_155918.jpg20201121_155954.jpg20201121_155937.jpg

Still waiting on a reply by the vets, though I shall let you know when we go!

Also I had an idea based off those catnip filled paper balls, but instead it is a paper ball filled with tasty nature's salad.

I’m sure the piggies will love that but feed sparingly.
Alfalfa and carrots should only be fed occasionally.
Have you come across Piggies Parcels which is run by a forum member @Guineautopia ?
Her treat parcels really are healthy and my lot love them

Back