• Potteries GPR Christmas Fair Saturday 16th November 2019 Information Click Here Come join us at the Forum Table at this Event.

Did Anyone Else See The Piggy On Bbc News?!?! Poor Things Nails?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinnieandBear

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh my god I am shocked by the guinea pig just shown on BBC News being cared for by a disabled gentleman its nails were over an inch long and literally SPIRALLED from clearly never being cut!? The poor thing I can't believe that was just aired without being picked up on! Poor thing I feel awful for it

gizzy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That is bad, l just googled it but there were people eating guinea pigs :soz:
To much for me to handle :(

WinnieandBear

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't have sky so I can't rewind to take pictures but it was a story about people with disabilities and one guy who had pets but the pig he was holding was huge and its nails must have been about 2 inches long and corkscrewing down I dread to think how it even walks about! Really horrific and they just skimmed over it clearly! So upsetting I get so distressed seeing them in such a state. The guy clearly had never cut their nails :no:

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh thats awful! Poor piggie! If he has disabilities I'm not surprised if he can't do it but surely someone else could or a vet?

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I run a rescue & would certainly cut the nails for free. Our local recommended pet shop (doen't sell animals) also cuts guinea pigs nails for free x

Caron's Cavies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have looked online for this but have been unable to locate it.

If it can be found then perhaps someone (I am happy to do this if you like) can contact them regarding the program to explain our concern and offer assistance.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
i have looked on the iplayer and couldn't find it.. google fins this thread tho.. Poor Guinea x

Status
Not open for further replies.