• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Diy Cage? Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeganIzzy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I want to build a DIY cage for my piggies ASAP, however I only have a £50 budget as I am fifteen and I don't have a job or anything. I was thinking about making a wooden cage, then using some table legs to hold it up (I have back problems so can't bend over the cage all the time) then three wooden sides and one perspex? However, I am unsure of what materials to use, names of wood, etc. Also, is there any 'hacks' I could use? Could I buy cheap kids tables and glue them together or something? I am really clueless to this, I have watched a few videos but there isn't really a lot of help out there.

P.S. I don't really want a C&C cage as my piggies alwayyyysss chew the bars. I have plenty of toys, as well as toys and cardboard on the bars, but they still chew the bars instead...

Hi everyone! I want to build a DIY cage for my piggies ASAP, however I only have a £50 budget as I am fifteen and I don't have a job or anything. I was thinking about making a wooden cage, then using some table legs to hold it up (I have back problems so can't bend over the cage all the time) then three wooden sides and one perspex? However, I am unsure of what materials to use, names of wood, etc. Also, is there any 'hacks' I could use? Could I buy cheap kids tables and glue them together or something? I am really clueless to this, I have watched a few videos but there isn't really a lot of help out there.

P.S. I don't really want a C&C cage as my piggies alwayyyysss chew the bars. I have plenty of toys, as well as toys and cardboard on the bars, but they still chew the bars instead...
i know some people have used Ikea furniture but not sure which units..

have a look in the housing and enrichment section on here, if you type in Ikea some ideas might pop up ! if you like near an Ikea, go and visit Bargain Corner - always full of stuff !

With C&C you could build the Correx walls higher - too high for them to reach up and chew, but I don't know what to suggest about the front as you would want ample ventilation. How big can you make the cage?

Please keep us updated on your DIY cage I too would love to make my own. Small bookshelfs have been known to work so long as they're spaced out enough and edited. Gumtree has some good deals on furniture which I've seen that could be turned into a cage.

Why don't you get some free wooden pallets that's how I started to make my hutches with ladder s .if thats any good to you.

Have you looked at the for sale site on here. Go on forums then it's all the way nearly to the bottom.
It's at the bottom of general chat.
Will your parents help you out with vet bills, they can be quite expensive.

I saw this on here, I might do this!
Have you looked at the for sale site on here. Go on forums then it's all the way nearly to the bottom.
It's at the bottom of general chat.
Will your parents help you out with vet bills, they can be quite expensive.
Yes, he would help me out with vet bills

Screenshot_2017-02-18-19-26-07.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back