• Potential Forum Meet - Manchester Saturday March 2nd Details here!.
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.
  • As from Wednesday, 30th January, Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic will be relocating to 1 The Drive, Northampton, NN1 4RY

Excitement Is Brewing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethRose

New Born Pup
So ladies and gentlemen,
I'm building a cage out of an XL dog crate plenty of room for a second level on each side!
Very excited,
I will post pictures when complete.

I'm building a secure base out of thick wood which will have linoleum sealed onto it, then newspaper and then bedding so nice and comfy for my girls.
I know dog crates look a bit scary but honestly look at google images "turning a dog crate into a guinea pig cage"
It's worth all the work and I'm taking my time.

So I'm asking you guys, what's the strangest thing you used to build a cage?

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing how this shapes up!

We have a c&c cage, well actually now we have no corex in it - as we have made it into a 3x7 grid space just grids on a fleece and absorbent layer underneath then a plastic picnic blanket to protect carpet.

Swissgreys

Staff member
It sounds great.
When trying to decide if we should have house rabbits or outdoor rabbits I did a lot of research on indoor cages, and converted dog crates were a popular choice.
When adapted they look great, and often end up costing way less than a much smaller traditional cage.
I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Skittypigs

Junior Guinea Pig
So ladies and gentlemen,
I'm building a cage out of an XL dog crate plenty of room for a second level on each side!
Very excited,
I will post pictures when complete.

I'm building a secure base out of thick wood which will have linoleum sealed onto it, then newspaper and then bedding so nice and comfy for my girls.
I know dog crates look a bit scary but honestly look at google images "turning a dog crate into a guinea pig cage"
It's worth all the work and I'm taking my time.

So I'm asking you guys, what's the strangest thing you used to build a cage?
Looking forward to seeing it, love seeing other people's ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.