• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Facts about your piggies that always make you happy

emily21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
During these rough times I think a lot of us could use something to smile at so I think we should share three facts about our little boars and sows.

I have three boars each one with a different personality and their own little quirks. So here is a fact about each of my guinea pigs that always makes me smile.

1. My oldest and largest Luke, loves SpongeBob Squarepants. One day he was on my lap when I was scrolling through channels and SpongeBob came up and he was glued to it like followed him around the screen. Out of curiosity I changed the channel and he stopped watching and climbed around again. When I flipped it back he came and snuggled up and kept watching. So now we have regular Spongebob and cuddle sessions which makes us both feel better.

2. My second oldest, Finn, loves to play fetch. I bought him a treat ball which I honestly didn't expect him to acknowledge except for the food inside (he loves food the most and is forever munching away) so I rolled it to show how the treats come out. He ignored the food and instead pushed the ball back to my hand and kept doing this. He loves playing fetch with his treat ball, his rope balls and even his puzzle balls.

3. My youngest Chewie (yes they are all named after Star Wars characters) was sick for the first two weeks of this year and I had a really scary week of critical care and medicine. Now the biggest fact that makes me happy about him is his amazing recovery back to his happy, popcorning self. However I also have the added bonus that when I took him to his vets the vet said she'd never seen a guinea pig with such an attachment to their owner and that he made all the staff happy with his loving personality.

So glad Chewie is better now x

My tiny new girlie Kiki and her husboar Hector have both had an unfortunate start in life. Kiki is one of six babies born to a rescued Mum who was used for ‘live snake food’ breeding. Hector was found dumped with several other young males in a hedge. To say they both had such a sad start they are the most happy little piggies, popcorning around and full of life ❤️💙

Can I share general facts?

1) My piggies (all boars) are named after either Marvel characters or characters from my favourite TV show (Supernatural)

2) They all have their own characters and personalities. If I had to describe them simply (Thor = soft, lovable and sometimes a little slower processing things 😂, Stark = huge attitude, does what he wants when he wants and looks embarrassed when Thor puts him in his place 😂, Banner = very quiet and sensitive, loves his own space and is the first to start off the wheeking choir at veggie time 😂, Castiel = very shy of people, cocky-pants when it comes to other piggies and likes to think he's in charge 😂, Jack = a little softy, loves his hoomans and has a very innocent look about him 😂, Bobby = very nervous boy, but very loving when he eventually trusts you, huge 'Disney' eyes and has a very important part in the wheek choir 😂 and Rufus = Very reserved, loves a scratch and some hooman attention and always looks like he's sitting contemplating life 😂

My rainbow bridge piggies: Odin = the absolute love of my life and soulmate, a loving boy who had so much life in him, right till the end ❤❤❤, Loki = my chunky boy (nearly 1700g worth of piggie), loved food and snuggles and no way lived up to his mischievous name ❤ and Rocket (did live up to his name) a very lively boy, full of character and always wanted Banner to love him (but was repeatedly ignored 😂❤)

3) I am very much their slave. They want for nothing and live in huge enclosures (in their own bedroom may I add) in my house. My life revolves around them, as it does the dogs, horses and cars too (building and racing cars is a hobbie my husband and I share). Whilst I've been working from home more, the wheek choir have been practicing and have improved significantly!

My Meg has a strong will to live. Last year she was very ill and my vet (usually excellent with piggies) couldn't find what was wrong with her so I took her up to Northampton to see Simon and Kim and they diagnosed what was wrong in 10 minutes. She went to see them twice. After a several months of feeling unwell having syringe food and only eating grass and no hay somehow she survived. She will never regain the weight she lost but she is a fighter and I am so pleased that she is still here.

Betsy is just beautiful. A stroppy cow but beautiful. Last year she had an emergency spay at the beginning of Lockdown, got over that and became the slightly less stroppy that she had become because of all the hormones associated with ovarian cysts. Her hair which had got very thin and scraggly is now back to its full glory again. Her strong personality shone through when she lost her husboar, the love of her life, Dennis, at the end of November and she is now Boss Piggy of my Old Gals in Retirement.

Patsy is the newest to the herd. I adopted her last September when I thought I was going to lose Meg. Meg and Christian (RIP) went to meet Patsy discovered they liked her and she liked them and came back here to live. Patsy is a very happy, confident girl. When Christian toddled off to The Rainbow Bridge suddenly 4 days after his brother Dennis, she was a bit sad as was Meg. Patsy soon picked herself up and dusted herself down when I bonded her and Meg with Betsy. Patsy quickly established herself as bottom of the herd and is more than happy there.

So glad Chewie is better now x

My tiny new girlie Kiki and her husboar Hector have both had an unfortunate start in life. Kiki is one of six babies born to a rescued Mum who was used for ‘live snake food’ breeding. Hector was found dumped with several other young males in a hedge. To say they both had such a sad start they are the most happy little piggies, popcorning around and full of life ❤💙

Aww I'm sorry to hear it was such a rough start but so happy to hear they have found such a loving home they deserve x

Can I share general facts?

1) My piggies (all boars) are named after either Marvel characters or characters from my favourite TV show (Supernatural)

2) They all have their own characters and personalities. If I had to describe them simply (Thor = soft, lovable and sometimes a little slower processing things 😂, Stark = huge attitude, does what he wants when he wants and looks embarrassed when Thor puts him in his place 😂, Banner = very quiet and sensitive, loves his own space and is the first to start off the wheeking choir at veggie time 😂, Castiel = very shy of people, cocky-pants when it comes to other piggies and likes to think he's in charge 😂, Jack = a little softy, loves his hoomans and has a very innocent look about him 😂, Bobby = very nervous boy, but very loving when he eventually trusts you, huge 'Disney' eyes and has a very important part in the wheek choir 😂 and Rufus = Very reserved, loves a scratch and some hooman attention and always looks like he's sitting contemplating life 😂

My rainbow bridge piggies: Odin = the absolute love of my life and soulmate, a loving boy who had so much life in him, right till the end ❤❤❤, Loki = my chunky boy (nearly 1700g worth of piggie), loved food and snuggles and no way lived up to his mischievous name ❤ and Rocket (did live up to his name) a very lively boy, full of character and always wanted Banner to love him (but was repeatedly ignored 😂❤)

3) I am very much their slave. They want for nothing and live in huge enclosures (in their own bedroom may I add) in my house. My life revolves around them, as it does the dogs, horses and cars too (building and racing cars is a hobbie my husband and I share). Whilst I've been working from home more, the wheek choir have been practicing and have improved significantly!

Wow sounds like quite a herd you have there, what a lovely bunch of boars!

My Meg has a strong will to live. Last year she was very ill and my vet (usually excellent with piggies) couldn't find what was wrong with her so I took her up to Northampton to see Simon and Kim and they diagnosed what was wrong in 10 minutes. She went to see them twice. After a several months of feeling unwell having syringe food and only eating grass and no hay somehow she survived. She will never regain the weight she lost but she is a fighter and I am so pleased that she is still here.

Betsy is just beautiful. A stroppy cow but beautiful. Last year she had an emergency spay at the beginning of Lockdown, got over that and became the slightly less stroppy that she had become because of all the hormones associated with ovarian cysts. Her hair which had got very thin and scraggly is now back to its full glory again. Her strong personality shone through when she lost her husboar, the love of her life, Dennis, at the end of November and she is now Boss Piggy of my Old Gals in Retirement.

Patsy is the newest to the herd. I adopted her last September when I thought I was going to lose Meg. Meg and Christian (RIP) went to meet Patsy discovered they liked her and she liked them and came back here to live. Patsy is a very happy, confident girl. When Christian toddled off to The Rainbow Bridge suddenly 4 days after his brother Dennis, she was a bit sad as was Meg. Patsy soon picked herself up and dusted herself down when I bonded her and Meg with Betsy. Patsy quickly established herself as bottom of the herd and is more than happy there.

What a beautiful mix of personalities. Absolutely lovely

We apparently only go in and out the back door for grass, touch anything in the kitchen and pellets must be on the way, turn over in bed at night it must be time for breakfast. Such disappointed little faces when food doesn't appear, they think I'm a soft touch with their wheek wheek little song.
Brillo has a loft in his cage, he likes to sit up there and survey the other piggies and the humans, every time he runs up the ramp he does a popcorn at the top.
When Peanut wants a treat he gently licks the bars and stares at me, melts my heart every time. So much more effective than noisy bar biting!
Rusty gets into the wooden house and head butts (you'd think that would hurt) it from inside until he gets it in just the right position for a sleep.
Nugget gets in the hay and wiggles his body into the pile, then walks all round the cage with it on his back.
Caspy thinks he's boss pig, as a little boar over 300gms less than Nugget he looks like he's trying to mount a horse when he tries to mount him. When mission is not accomplished and he slides off he shakes his head and walks away as if that's what he meant to do.
Red is Mr. Angry, he charges around like a bull in a china shop, knocks things over doesn't get his own way and takes himself off to bed, he's his own worst enemy. We say he has little pig syndrome.
My boys make me laugh all the time, I don't know what I'd have done without them during the last year.

We apparently only go in and out the back door for grass, touch anything in the kitchen and pellets must be on the way, turn over in bed at night it must be time for breakfast. Such disappointed little faces when food doesn't appear, they think I'm a soft touch with their wheek wheek little song.
Brillo has a loft in his cage, he likes to sit up there and survey the other piggies and the humans, every time he runs up the ramp he does a popcorn at the top.
When Peanut wants a treat he gently licks the bars and stares at me, melts my heart every time. So much more effective than noisy bar biting!
Rusty gets into the wooden house and head butts (you'd think that would hurt) it from inside until he gets it in just the right position for a sleep.
Nugget gets in the hay and wiggles his body into the pile, then walks all round the cage with it on his back.
Caspy thinks he's boss pig, as a little boar over 300gms less than Nugget he looks like he's trying to mount a horse when he tries to mount him. When mission is not accomplished and he slides off he shakes his head and walks away as if that's what he meant to do.
Red is Mr. Angry, he charges around like a bull in a china shop, knocks things over doesn't get his own way and takes himself off to bed, he's his own worst enemy. We say he has little pig syndrome.
My boys make me laugh all the time, I don't know what I'd have done without them during the last year.

My boys are forever moving their house too, I can walk in their room and Lukes igloo will be on its side with him perched in the tiny gap and then by the time I've got their hay out it will be back up right facing the other way :lol:

My boys are forever moving their house too, I can walk in their room and Lukes igloo will be on its side with him perched in the tiny gap and then by the time I've got their hay out it will be back up right facing the other way :lol:

Sounds like you have such a lively bunch though so sweet

Fact 1. Spud loves cuddles especially under a blanket as anyone whose been following his spuddles thread would know
Spuddles (cute cosy piggie warning)

Fact 2. They chose us. As much as I regret that they're pet shop piggies I do not regret that we walked straight in their and me and my fiance each fell in love with a piggie at first sight. We had planned to get 2 females and they would be shared pets and we would each love them equally we left there with 2 boars my fiance chose and named Gundham and I chose and named Spud now Gundham will only tolerate cuddles with my fiance and spud is my cuddle buddy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fact 3. They get along incredibly well and always have done. To be honest I'm not to sure whose top pig because it switches and spuds territorial over me while Gundham gets first nibble on any food but spud gets first choice of hide. Bar the occasional rumble we've had no signs of aggression at all. All stereotypes of boars not getting along, falling out and not sharing do not apply here.

Fact 1. Spud loves cuddles especially under a blanket as anyone whose been following his spuddles thread would know
Spuddles (cute cosy piggie warning)

Fact 2. They chose us. As much as I regret that they're pet shop piggies I do not regret that we walked straight in their and me and my fiance each fell in love with a piggie at first sight. We had planned to get 2 females and they would be shared pets and we would each love them equally we left there with 2 boars my fiance chose and named Gundham and I chose and named Spud now Gundham will only tolerate cuddles with my fiance and spud is my cuddle buddy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fact 3. They get along incredibly well and always have done. To be honest I'm not to sure whose top pig because it switches and spuds territorial over me while Gundham gets first nibble on any food but spud gets first choice of hide. Bar the occasional rumble we've had no signs of aggression at all. All stereotypes of boars not getting along, falling out and not sharing do not apply here.

It's so amazing they got on so well, mine are shop piggies too but sadly there are aggression issues that mean they live separately yet they always talk to each other and communicate.. sometimes it looks like I've interrupted a meeting!

It's so amazing they got on so well, mine are shop piggies too but sadly there are aggression issues that mean they live separately yet they always talk to each other and communicate.. sometimes it looks like I've interrupted a meeting!
Yes we were incredibly lucky it could have been so different

Fact 1.
It took us a week to decide what to name them as we really wanted their names to work for them as well as they did for the gerbils, and after a week of indecision we named them Frodo and Sam. It suits them perfectly, Frodo is the protagonist aka boss pig (and don’t you forget it!) while Sam is a loveable yet slightly clumsy doofus pig and obviously with them being hobbitpigs they eat breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, supper and dinner.

Fact 2.
Sam (Sammy, Samwise) may look all macho, what with his ginger fuzzy Abyssinian coat, but he’s a major softy really, doesn’t like cuddles too much but is a really confident boy who seems to be fond of me at least when I give him green beans and I love him very very much. :luv:

Fact 3.
Frodo reminds me of a cow. Don’t mean that in a mean way, I love cows - it’s his funny patchy colouring, his looking-to-the-side eyes and his floppy ears, I’m not sure. They both remind me of cows for some reason but Frodo especially.

Fact 4.
Frodo has a part of his back where the ginger and white fur collide and it looks like a little thunder bolt. I was considering calling him Zeus or Thor, especially with his moody I-is-the-boss attitude but it just didn’t suit him.

Phoebe was a very nervous and shy little piggy when she first arrived, always looking to one of the others for safety
CCAACA34-7F91-469F-BA79-6EF92263F7C2.jpeg
Now she is a bright and confident girl who does “Looking Cute” like a pro
33A98E7B-9F7A-4E72-A9A4-0BA1620933E4.jpeg

Priscilla is a diva who loves to toss her locks and act like a drama queen when being weighed and groomed. She is quieter since losing Jemimah and has yielded her place as top pig to Phoebe. She loves snuggling into fleece tunnels and pouches
06206F4C-6C3B-46BE-8A03-EBA9CF2E9757.jpeg E7F50FD3-4A1C-43DB-9485-3BC0529067C0.jpeg

Micah arrived as a pathetic scrap of bullied piggy condemned to a life of loneliness. After a slightly rocky start with his neutering he’s grown into a very happy husboar. I love watching him doing zoomies and popcorning around the cage. Seeing him popcorn while half in a tunnel is hilarious.

0565E831-58CE-4CAB-B77E-0F0D098ED36F.jpeg 7FDA7429-D5DD-43EA-BC04-457E90218BF7.jpeg
I love that they all have their own unique personalities and watching them together is better than any tv drama

Phoebe was a very nervous and shy little piggy when she first arrived, always looking to one of the others for safety
View attachment 168186
Now she is a bright and confident girl who does “Looking Cute” like a pro
View attachment 168185

Priscilla is a diva who loves to toss her locks and act like a drama queen when being weighed and groomed. She is quieter since losing Jemimah and has yielded her place as top pig to Phoebe. She loves snuggling into fleece tunnels and pouches
View attachment 168187 View attachment 168190

Micah arrived as a pathetic scrap of bullied piggy condemned to a life of loneliness. After a slightly rocky start with his neutering he’s grown into a very happy husboar. I love watching him doing zoomies and popcorning around the cage. Seeing him popcorn while half in a tunnel is hilarious.

View attachment 168189 View attachment 168188
I love that they all have their own unique personalities and watching them together is better than any tv drama

Such a beautiful bunch and they all look so happy and cosy 🥰

Oh they are all so gorgeous, must take a lot of time maintaining all that hair though 😄

The four long haired ones need a good old trim from time to time but its only every few months and well worth it for all that fluffy cuteness!

Back