• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Kirstie :)

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wondering how often you change your felt bedding in your piggies cage and how you care for/wash it? I know what the washing instructions are for my felt, but having quite a large cage, putting the felt lining in the fur bag means its a struggle to get it in the machine. I'm going to start going to a laundrette (the ones with the massive machines) otherwise. I am a student on a budget, I have 2 piggies (in a 2x4 c&c cage with 2x2 loft) and I'm keen for advice, anything would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone :)

Kirstie :)
(Lily and Maggie the piggies)

Lily.jpg
Maggie.jpg

I have six guinea pigs in an 11 x 2 c and c cage (on ikea table tops) and their fleece liners are 3 x 2 and some 2 x 2. I have some longer ones (6 x 2) but find it easier to wash the smaller fleece liners in our machine.

I have plenty of liners so only need to do one at a time. I often wash a few mini liners at the same time which all fit in fine to our machine at home zipped in their horse blanket wash bags.

So top tip, loads of liners!

s4oxl5.jpg

15mxl6v.jpg

Also hay trays to catch a lot of the wee help to make the fleece liners last a bit longer.

Back