• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celine298

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Having grown up on a farm here in Ireland, I know more about grass than most cows do!

All the piggy owners in Ireland and England will be delighted to know that the "fresh growth" has started!

You can give your pigs grass from a safe garden/field any time of the year really, but it tastes it's best in spring when it's starting to grow again. Winter grass can be watery and flavourless to them.
Sunny and Lola got their first batch of spring grass this morning and we're thrilled. It was Lola's first time having fresh grass too :)
20170309_132932.jpg

Awww bless them enjoy the green spaghetti :love:

I've just started giving our piggies grass in the mornings - they expect it now and wheek like crazy when they know it's coming! :P

Grass ruins everything cuz once my pigs taste it they don't want anything else! I start grass seed off in little seed trays to put in the cage as a treat

So jealous of all that lovely fresh, green grass.
Although the snow is slowly melting here, I think we have at least another month before there are any signs of grass.

My trays of winter rations went off the window ledge today as we now have lovely green long enough to pull grass along the edge of the garden. More room for pots of herbs indoors now. :yahoo:

Grass ruins everything cuz once my pigs taste it they don't want anything else! I start grass seed off in little seed trays to put in the cage as a treat

Even though they know their supper isn't served till 9pm, they were beeping for more grass at half 6 today :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back