• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

MadPiggies :D

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was taking My piggie Optimus to the vet and gave the two boys some carrot before we left but I found Witwicky couldn't eat it and it would just fall from his mouth.Later after the vet looked at Optimus's foot she examined Witwicky teeth and found they had completely gone and there was a infection in the top of his mouth ;( they are both on syringe antibiotics and pain relief! From what I've heard they should grown back quite fast! Fingers crossed!

I was taking My piggie Optimus to the vet and gave the two boys some carrot before we left but I found Witwicky couldn't eat it and it would just fall from his mouth.Later after the vet looked at Optimus's foot she examined Witwicky teeth and found they had completely gone and there was a infection in the top of his mouth ;( they are both on syringe antibiotics and pain relief! From what I've heard they should grown back quite fast! Fingers crossed!

Poor you! Fingers very firmly crossed. Please grate your veg finely and mush up the pellets for a week or so until the teeth have grown back enough to act as pick up and cutters again. Weigh daily at the same time to check whether he can still eat hay.

Poor you! Fingers very firmly crossed. Please grate your veg finely and mush up the pellets for a week or so until the teeth have grown back enough to act as pick up and cutters again. Weigh daily at the same time to check whether he can still eat hay.
Thank you it was the worst timing too because we literally just ran out of a hay supply that lasted us 4 months haha got a new bale now lol thanks! Fingers crossed :) the antibiotics seem to be working however they seem to be making Optimus's foot numb :/ any ideas? We are going back for a check up on Friday to see if a X-ray is needed as we didn't want to risk going under anaesthetic when it's not needed xx

Back