• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

guinea pig sounds like it got a blocked nose

cinnamon7

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my guinea pig has been making weird breathing sounds through her nose, sounds blocked. This started happening when i gave her a bath because she has lice

here’s a video
10 September 2023

my guinea pig has been making weird breathing sounds through her nose, sounds blocked. This started happening when i gave her a bath because she has lice

here’s a video
10 September 2023

Hi

Has the sound cleared after a few hours or for how long has it been going on? Is it constant or off an on? Water can get up the nose during bathing if the water is too deep but it should clear after a few hours.
What kind of product are you using for the lice (please keep in mind that most of us are UK based).

Guinea Lynx :: Lice
Bathing (including cleaning grease glands) (with safe bathing tips)

been going on for nearly a week, i use the Farriers Equine Care Lice & Mite shampoo and when i bath her i use very little water. Its on and off, yes I'm from the uk

Hi

Has the sound cleared after a few hours or for how long has it been going on? Is it constant or off an on? Water can get up the nose during bathing if the water is too deep but it should clear after a few hours.
What kind of product are you using for the lice (please keep in mind that most of us are UK based).

Hi

been going on for nearly a week, i use the Farriers Equine Care Lice & Mite shampoo and when i bath her i use very little water. Its on and off, yes I'm from the uk

Back