• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig sounds

Ewooo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hey guys I just got a guinea pig like 3 months ago and I'm wondering what kind of sound is my pig making? here is the link to that sound
I hope you reply guys

Ewooo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
ohhh I thought that it sounds far from a cough but thank you very much, is this normal though?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Because we can’t see any image, only a momentary sound, then it comes entirely down to interpretation.
Any talking/chatting sounds are context based

Guinea pigs have narrow airways and can cough if they eat too fast or if they have dust irritating. The occasional cough is fine but if it happens a lot, the a vet check needs to be done.

Ewooo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
ohh Ill check their cage if there are things that irritates him. Thank you very much! it helps alot :)

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
ohh Ill check their cage if there are things that irritates him. Thank you very much! it helps alot :)
dust from hay or bedding is a common cause of airway irritation. Also things like candles, sprays, perfumes, air fresheners need to be avoided around them