• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

heating pads for my piggies

Thecavycorner

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hi! so i wanted to get something for my piggies to ensure they are warm! though i am wondering if these are fully safe for my piggies! i am planning to put the heating pads under their fleeces or bedding so they can’t chew it, my piggies don’t chew their stuff anyways, but i’m also wondering if they get soiled would that be safe too? thank you

Attachments

• 86AF4C57-E923-4031-87A4-C293CE6F64FD.png
    86AF4C57-E923-4031-87A4-C293CE6F64FD.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 5
  • D62ECC98-A467-4E54-AFA1-E4C2B5F1124A.png
    D62ECC98-A467-4E54-AFA1-E4C2B5F1124A.png
    160 KB · Views: 5
I use two heat pads. I warm them in the morning and then again in the evening. My piggies live in my garage. Do your piggies live outside.

I am also a snuggle-safe convert. They have a fleecy cover and have not been chewed here. My pigs are indoor and in plastic tray enclosures so on very cold nights I also use a normal rubber hot water bottle but OUTSIDE the cage, pressed against one side. This heats one plastic wall so they can lean in or move away as they prefer. They will absolutely eat rubber things though so it must be inaccessible to piggies at all times.

Flora has actually chewed holes in daughter's bike tyres. Yes, Flora - I know it was you!
here's Flora.jpg

I use snuggle-safes for my older citizens during colder nights, too.

Half-warmed/lukewarm, they serve as regularly changed warmers for the very ill or for piggies in organ failure - they feel often cold in the latter stages when the blood circulation is no longer working properly; often a boost of welcome warmth can help them relax enough to make the journey to the Rainbow Bridge in peace as the welcome warmth is spreading through the body.

I also put my snuggle-safes in the fridge during heatwaves and place them under the caves of my oldest and frailest to provide a cool place for them to lie and sleep; you need to change the pads every about every 3 hours on record heat days, so I always have half of my snugglesafes in the fridge and the other half in the cages on the really hot days. Freezer blocs can be too cold for them to snuggle up against. It's just one more measure in a whole pack of different little measures to help my frailest survive - they all combine and work together.
Hot Weather Management, Heat Strokes and Fly Strike

Snugglesafes have the advantage that they cannot be gnawed on.

I use four snugglesafes for my two boys (who live in a shed). Ive got extra fleece covers so I have plenty while some are being washed.

I bought snugglesafes but they didnt stay warm for long so I dont use them any more.

i use snuggle safe heat pads for my two outside pigs,they stay warm for approx 10 hours.the piggies love them.i also pop them in the fridge in hot weather.They are very versatile .

I am also a snuggle-safe convert. They have a fleecy cover and have not been chewed here. My pigs are indoor and in plastic tray enclosures so on very cold nights I also use a normal rubber hot water bottle but OUTSIDE the cage, pressed against one side. This heats one plastic wall so they can lean in or move away as they prefer. They will absolutely eat rubber things though so it must be inaccessible to piggies at all times.

Flora has actually chewed holes in daughter's bike tyres. Yes, Flora - I know it was you!
View attachment 197642
She looks like butter wouldn’t melt on her whiskers….but clearly rubber items are a whole new level of deliciousness!

I use Snugglesafe heat pads, too, though I've never had one warm for 8 hours - around 4/5 hours I replace/reheat them. We did used to have one of those plug-in electric pet blankets under the C&C, but with the rising energy prices that has had to be switched off for the moment!

Back