• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cloefreeman

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello!
Please help, I'm starting to get desperate :(

I've been introducing my piggies in neutral spaces for 3 months, but from the very first moment Moira (female) attacks Vega (female) every single time, and now Vega is absolutely terrified of her and Moira feels even more powerful.

She doesn't even show warning signs, will literally just see her and jump on her pulling her hair from bites.

Can't put them all together and my poor Vega is currently on her own :(
(I put Harvey (male) with her a while every day and of course gets love from me, but 💔💔)

Apart for her aggressiveness towards Vega she's incredibly docile and squishy. She loves cuddling with us and loves and adores Harvey, which she shows with plenty of kisses.

Pic of one bite as an example:

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_192943.jpg
    IMG_20211205_192943.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20211205-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20211205-WA0011.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20211205-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20211205-WA0015.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 11
I’m sorry to hear this.
I am afraid that Moira and Vega are just not character compatible and will never bond. They will need to be kept separate and it is not worth you trying to introduce them again as it is clear things won’t work out.

Please don’t continually introduce Harvey to her and then separate them. This will cause stress to them both. Piggies either need to be properly bonded and kept together in the same cage permanently or be kept entirely separate at all times.
Is Harvey neutered? If yes, then you could go ahead and properly bond him with one of the girls so they can live together as a pair.
If he isn’t neutered, then he should not be having any time with the girls at all in any event

Last edited:
I’m sorry to hear this.
I am afraid that Moira and Vega are just not character compatible and will never bond. They will need to be kept separate and it is not worth you trying to introduce them again as it is clear things won’t work out.

Please don’t continually introduce Harvey to her and then separate them. This will cause stress to them both. Piggies either need to be properly bonded and kept together in the same cage permanently or be kept entirely separate at all times.
Is Harvey neutered? If yes, then you could go ahead and properly bond him with one of the girls so they can live together as a pair.
If he isn’t neutered, then he should not be having any time with the girls at all in any event
Thank you so much for your response!
Yes, Harvey is neutered.
He was my first piggy and Moira came next.
They bonded literally in the first 10 minutes.
Then I brought Vega, and her and Harvey get along really well, but as mentioned Moira doesn't approve of her in the slightest T.T
Moira shows a very big attachment for Harvey, so I keep them together.
The cages are kept next to eachother, so Vega and Harvey call eachother once or twice a day, so I give them a little while to enjoy together.
Vega seems fine when on her own, but I know they need company to be completely happy.
I'm heartbroken for her :(

Attachments

• 16387356737897745284088956820817.jpg
    16387356737897745284088956820817.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 11
It’s a shame when a bond doesn’t work but as it all comes down to the piggies, there is nothing you can do,

That’s good that they can interact through the bars but it’s really not advisable to allow piggies who cannot live together to have any time together - keeping their interactions to through the bars is best

I feel for you - in a similar situation I was looking at my options really carefully but my dominant sow never attacked the other, never bit ears or pulled out hair or fought or actually did anything worse than a nose bump occasionally - but the other one was terrified and hid all the time. Eventually it actually worked out but it was a month of stress for my fluffy girl and everyone was tense. But if Moira was aggressive from the first she's not going to change her mind - not at all!

If you can find a female friend for Vega they might be very happy as bar-neighbours. When we still had my feisty brown beauty Zara that's how we ended up and once they knew which was 'their' bit they hung out at the bars a lot of the time! Gentle George is my neutered husboar - he never stood a chance against Zara and he knew it! But they would still sniff through the bars and it's all piggy enrichment. 4 pigs = a lot of poops though!
4 way grass pile.jpg

Back