• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help asap! - Bad fall with bleeding mouth and coughing

Kirbs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pig fell from quite a height. He is walking fine but is coughing quite a bit and the inside of his mouth is bleeding.
I can't take him to the vet as they don't do emergency appointments.
Do I need to worry? :(((

My guinea pig fell from quite a height. He is walking fine but is coughing quite a bit and the inside of his mouth is bleeding.
I can't take him to the vet as they don't do emergency appointments.
Do I need to worry? :(((

Please have him booked for a vet check as soon as possible as it sounds like he mave injured his mouth.
Do you have other vets within your reach?

Please find a different vet as soon as possible for your piggy.

Please have him booked for a vet check as soon as possible as it sounds like he mave injured his mouth.
Do you have other vets within your reach?
I'll check now but I doubt it :(

Definitely try and find a vets - if you have a vets4pets in your area, I think most of them are open 24/7. But also, if any vets are open still and you cal and explain the situation I think they will try and squeeze you in somehow as it could be quite serious

Please try and see a vet ASAP. He could be hurt internally. My vet fit my own guinea pig in last night without an appointment after we had explained the symptoms
okay thank you so much x

Definitely try and find a vets - if you have a vets4pets in your area, I think most of them are open 24/7. But also, if any vets are open still and you cal and explain the situation I think they will try and squeeze you in somehow as it could be quite serious
ok I'll do my best thankss x

Hope your piggy is ok, a google search of emergency vet services near Anglesey suggests Bennett-Williams emergency out of hours small animal number is 07989 1155562?
Or actually Vets4Pets in Bangor are open until 7 tonight 01248 353175, not even out of hours service until 7pm?
So I'm not too sure where the vets not open issue is coming from but those are 2 good options for your location that came top of a quick google search for "emergency small animal vets near Anglesey"!

All UK vets have to have an emergency out of hours option though this will not necessarily be at the same practice that you usually use. If you call up and ask for the 24 hour service if the usual vet is still open or if it has already closed it should give you the number on the message

Hope your piggy is ok, a google search of emergency vet services near Anglesey suggests Bennett-Williams emergency out of hours small animal number is 07989 1155562?
Or actually Vets4Pets in Bangor are open until 7 tonight 01248 353175, not even out of hours service until 7pm?
So I'm not too sure where the vets not open issue is coming from but those are 2 good options for your location that came top of a quick google search for "emergency small animal vets near Anglesey"!
thank you so much, I just checked and Bennett-Williams is actually less than 5 minutes away and I had never heard of it before!
We have phoned them and since Louie is doing so much better we have an appointment first thing tomorrow.
(His breathing is 100% back to normal and the bleeding was just from a tiny cut)

All UK vets have to have an emergency out of hours option though this will not necessarily be at the same practice that you usually use. If you call up and ask for the 24 hour service if the usual vet is still open or if it has already closed it should give you the number on the message
thank youu!

After my guinea pigs fall yesterday I've noticed his top two front teeth are loose.
He is eating but when he tried to chatter his teeth it doesn't sound normal. If they happen to fall out, will they grow back. Do I need to worry?

After my guinea pigs fall yesterday I've noticed his top two front teeth are loose.
He is eating but when he tried to chatter his teeth it doesn't sound normal. If they happen to fall out, will they grow back. Do I need to worry?

Hi!

Have you seen a vet? You urgently need to to make sure that the mouth is OK and that your piggy hasn't suffered any other injuries (including internal ones).

Incisors are about 4 cm long; their roots start just in front of the back teeth and run along the upper and lower jaw. Your piggy has snapped them somewhere under the gum line and is no longer able to use them properly. Loose teeth can cause problems and should always be vet checked.

It depends on the nature of the damage and where the break has happened whether the teeth will grow back.

Back