• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guptheguineapig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can I soak Timothy Hay in water and then blend that mix up in a blender with a little apple sauce or pellets for my guinea pig?

The Critical Care is causing her poops to soften. The last thing we need is diarrhea.

mIght be a bit sugary, not sure. Soaked nuggets or pellets work well in a bowl, then syringed. I find Burgess soak the best.

Or try making the critical care as thick as possible. May help

Why is she needing critical care? It's likely that the soft poops are from the guts starting to work properly again through having enough food go in rather than the cc causing her to be ill. I would steer clear of applesauce or adding any veggies if the poops are soft

The problem with making the apple sauce is that it releases sugars that aren’t present when left untampered with. Apple is also quite acidic on the guts so I would steer clear on that.
Also I find different results with different critical care ie oxbow versus the white powder one.

Back