• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Just wanted to add that I think you are doing an amazing job.
I know how difficult it is when you take on an animal that is already ill too.

If it was me I probably wouldn't use pet wipes to clean him, as they often contain alcohol which might be drying or sting a bit.
Could you use an old face cloth soaked in some warm water and a bit of guinea shampoo?

Thank you for your kind words, sometimes it doesn't feel like it when you don't see any improvement. I'm sure it's just because I'm impatient and want him to get better and put on 600 grams over night aha. Yes tbh I wasn't looking for more piggies, seeing how poorly he was I had to bring him home.

Okay thanks, I'll scrap that idea. All I have guinea shampoo wise is Lice n Easy from Gorgeous Guinea but it's past the best before date now, I presume I can't use it? It's been over a year since I used it!

Would that get rid of the pus smell? Poor little mite is sick of having people all up in his privates bless him! XD

I just feel sorry for him he wants to be friends to them & they just want to be horrid

Unfortunately that's just girls I think! My Bella was horrid to the young 2 girls initially but she's very good with them now. She even let one of them sleep next to her for a bit (once), sounds like a small thing but for her that's a big step :))

Bit of an update, he's been really subdued and quiet today which was upsetting. I think I may have to look at his pain meds again when I can get back to the vets or I might call them.

However, this evening I was getting ready to clean out the girlies first and then him when my mum suggested that I bring the girls one by one to his cage to show him what he's missing out on. I said no, it would be too stressful and he's not well.

So I was beaten down by her nagging! When it came time to put the girlies in the run I brought them to his cage bars to say hello. It actually brought a tear to my eye, he started getting very excited and came right up to the bars and talking to them. They were very interested in him too, chatting away.

He's now popcorning away to himself and he seems to have a lot more strength at the thought of having 4 wives!

Would you think it's okay to put his cage next to theirs? I was going to wait until he's better but I'm wondering if it will benefit him now rather than later.

Any thoughts?

I think that it may well be beneficial for him to be near them. It would probably cheer him up to have company even just through the bars.

Nice for the girls too of course.

I think that it may well be beneficial for him to be near them. It would probably cheer him up to have company even just through the bars.

Nice for the girls too of course.

Thanks!

Yes I thought that, I'd imagine if he had any contagious illness it would have been apparent by now?

I think you're probably right about that @Cavy Kung-Fu, but maybe check with your vet just to be totally sure. Sorry if I missed this, how far past his neuter is he?

When my Tubs was really poorly (infected lymph nodes all over his body), I decided to bond him with his wifelets even though he was still unwell. I'm pretty sure they're half the reason why he's still here, he perked up and began eating for himself a lot more. He's now back to his pre-illness weight, six months later.

Your piggy sounds like he might be too poorly to go in with the girls, but having them alongside each other may do a world of good!

I think you're probably right about that @Cavy Kung-Fu, but maybe check with your vet just to be totally sure. Sorry if I missed this, how far past his neuter is he?

When my Tubs was really poorly (infected lymph nodes all over his body), I decided to bond him with his wifelets even though he was still unwell. I'm pretty sure they're half the reason why he's still here, he perked up and began eating for himself a lot more. He's now back to his pre-illness weight, six months later.

Your piggy sounds like he might be too poorly to go in with the girls, but having them alongside each other may do a world of good!

He's well over the waiting period now, probably 9-10 weeks now? I can't remember any more lol.

I just worry if my mean girls would pick on him if he's poorly, but he gets awfully excited when he's around them. I thought he was gunna have a heart attack after I held the girls and them him, he was sniffing my tshirt and squeaking, popping and rumbling all at the same time bless him :))

Bless his little cotton socks! The side-by-side arrangement would be a good way to gauge how they would get along and would prevent them picking on him while he's still so unwell. It would allow for the best bond possible eventually :)

His kit.

View attachment 64613

After tonight's treatment...

View attachment 64614

Think he's feeling sorry for himself, bless him.

Show him some veggies and he's a bit better :)

View attachment 64615
My little boy has finally come home with me, infuriatingly my ride was late so I missed my vets appointment for him :hb:

I weighed him before I put him in his new home, here's his details:

- 5 months old.
- Neutered approx 7 weeks ago.
- Weighing 556 grams, lighter than he was before neuter (he was roughly 600-700 grams I believe).
- Potential issues post neuter.

Now unfortunately I don't know when I can get him to the vets, I'm hoping to do it as soon as humanly possible but I'm now working solidly.

How worried do I need to be? He's wandering around his new house when he thinks I'm not looking and I'm leaving him to settle in atm.

Thanks!
hi. I've read this thread and id love to be able to help. I'm sorry I can't. but what I say. we cleaned our guy out his botty many times if he was strugglin. i got horrible look if water was cold. but he was good. sadly gone now. I'd drive and help yer if was near. I'd done anything for my piggie. i look at it ok 5 mins yuk and he be ok. What you are doing is fantastic and I take my hat off to you. You guy is beautiful and deep down they know you only helping. well done. love Dave

Bless his little cotton socks! The side-by-side arrangement would be a good way to gauge how they would get along and would prevent them picking on him while he's still so unwell. It would allow for the best bond possible eventually :)

Thanks! I'm hoping so, plenty of exposure! I really need them to bond well so we'll be taking is super slow!

hi. I've read this thread and id love to be able to help. I'm sorry I can't. but what I say. we cleaned our guy out his botty many times if he was strugglin. i got horrible look if water was cold. but he was good. sadly gone now. I'd drive and help yer if was near. I'd done anything for my piggie. i look at it ok 5 mins yuk and he be ok. What you are doing is fantastic and I take my hat off to you. You guy is beautiful and deep down they know you only helping. well done. love Dave

Aw thanks Dave, yes we do anything for our little furbabies don't we?

His bottom looks better since the flushing, luckily it doesn't smell as foul now so I'm hoping we're on a winning streak with the treatment! Still battling weight though.

He's such a good boy really, he just let's you do what you need to and you can practically hear him sigh :))

Thanks! I'm hoping so, plenty of exposure! I really need them to bond well so we'll be taking is super slow!

Aw thanks Dave, yes we do anything for our little furbabies don't we?

His bottom looks better since the flushing, luckily it doesn't smell as foul now so I'm hoping we're on a winning streak with the treatment! Still battling weight though.

He's such a good boy really, he just let's you do what you need to and you can practically hear him sigh :))
Oh that's so lovely. I'm sure he will settle soon. keep tempting with food. as for the ladies. lol. your call. x

After his meds this morning he was moaning and complaining at me, all he wanted was to stay asleep bless him!

image.jpeg

He's now staying between 570-580 grams in the last few days and his bum is too boney for my liking! I've told him he'll have to fatten himself up ready for the role of husboar!

After his meds this morning he was moaning and complaining at me, all he wanted was to stay asleep bless him!

View attachment 64819

He's now staying between 570-580 grams in the last few days and his bum is too boney for my liking! I've told him he'll have to fatten himself up ready for the role of husboar!
he's a stunner. each team is good. well done. my lass will melt when she sees this. Be Strong. x

What a simply gorgeous piggie!:luv: No wonder you are doing all you can to help him! I couldn't syringe his bum everyday!:vom: You truly are a very lovely hooman!

What a simply gorgeous piggie!:luv: No wonder you are doing all you can to help him! I couldn't syringe his bum everyday!:vom: You truly are a very lovely hooman!

He is, trouble is he knows it too! :wub:

I've got to be honest, syringing his bum is a lot better than it was so it must be getting better? It doesn't make me nearly as sick as it did before :))

He's been taking his critical care & pellet mix a lot better today! I made the perfect mixture this time and he took his syringes full to the brim asking for more each time! 4 and a half later and he was fed up, so I shall try again this evening after more meds :)

So we've had a week of treatment now and I've been trying to give him syringe feeds as much as I can. As I work full time I've also had to enlist my mum in the feeding too!

However I feel that we've only been maintaining his weight.

This is his current weight record:

image.png

Do I need to try and feed him more? I have a vet visit in about an hour to see if he's okay to be off the baytril, hopefully that will help if he's given the all clear.

Any thoughts?

Just back from the vets, it's a lot better but he's still got the infection so that's another weeks worth of baytril, metacam and enemas :(

Another appointment booked for next Tuesday and if it's still not clear I might see what other antibiotics would help.

My vet believes that the infection is in his bottom and urine as that stinks as well.

I just want him to be better already! Any suggestions?

Last edited:
wish i knew more. I'm sure theirs better knowledgeable people on here who will help you. keep strong. he's a little fighter. x

Back