• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ideas For Exercise Runs?

Abbie Brooks

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and do not have any guinea pigs. I have had a pair of boars previously. I have been longing for another pair of guinea pigs (I can't due to timing and money).
Also I do not know if this thread is in the right topic but I assumed it came under care.
I wondered if anyone had any good shops or websites that sell large exercise runs for an affordable price? since my old one is very run down and on the brink of collapsing.
Thank you in advance!

How come you're looking to buy a new run if you're not getting any pigs?

Is it an indoor or outdoor run you want? I tend to get mine from Amazon.

I would like to get a pair of piggies in the future and if I do I want to be prepared, not that I am going to buy a run yet.
It would preferably be an outdoor run and I will have a look at amazon thank you for such a speedy response!

Excellent! It's always good to be prepared and you might spot a bargain if you have a while to buy it.

I have one that folds flat so I can store it away over winter, and prop it up overnight as my garden is tiny.

I think I got it in an Amazon sale, possibly one of the Lightning deals they have. It was £40.

I'd avoid the triangle shape ones as they're really thin and pretty hard to store.

Yeah, I have never liked the look of the triangular ones. The folding run sounds fantastic! I have seen a few but like you say it is simply just waiting for a deal to pop up

I have this one (I bought two, they can be joined):
Metal Run for Small Pets | Free P&P on orders £29+ at zooplus!
It is cheap and can be used also at home for building a cage or an extension:
100_8250.JPG

100_7724.JPG
100_7749.JPG
as you can see I don't spend a single penny for the cage and the run... they are all recycled objects :D. I can change the furniture when I feel like and piggies are happy as well.
(money saved for the future vet bills of course...)

Go to Pinterest you should find some great stuff there

Hi all - for those of you that use Facebook I have opened a great piggie group to offer help/support and general piggie tips and tricks such as hideaways made from general 'around the house' objects! Please feel free to join the group! :)

Www.facebook.com/groups/148619509132823

We have a specific section of the forum to promote websites etc. Please don’t keep posting about your group in the middle of other members’ threads.

Back