• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celine298

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys!

A while ago I posted a thread here about my boy Sunny. He had a fungal infection in his skin but has since been treated and given the all clear by the vet. He was also checked for mange mites and given the all clear.

This was a few months ago and he's still quite itchy.

He's and Abby and he sheds a lot (normal, all over shedding, not in patches) and seems to be prone to dry skin. I keep his nails well clipped and bathe him in a herbal bath (from the vet) once a month as recommended. Yet he will still scratch himself so much that he often gives himself little cuts, which turn into nasty scabs.

Is there something I'm missing?

I'd probably take him back to the vet for further investigation. Maybe his fungal infection hasn't cleared, or maybe he has something else.

I'd probably take him back to the vet for further investigation. Maybe his fungal infection hasn't cleared, or maybe he has something else.

Well they assured me it was gone, I brought him in after his second course of antibiotics and they gave him a thorough check over. The vet inspecting him has several guinea pigs herself, so I trust her. Unless he's had a relapse, but aside from a little dry skin on his rump he seems ok :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back