• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

L Shaped C&c Cage

Jordyn Warner

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello I have had guinea pigs in the past and was in a constant struggle always trying to find space to upgrade there cage! They ended up with more room than me haha! Now in a new home with plenty of space and more money I am looking to start again in the right way from the start!
I have a lot of space to work with and am looking at getting two boys and giving them as much space as possible, (within reason).
I am however struggling to picture what set up would be more practical for cleaning and what would be best for them. I will not be getting a loft as I can use the grids for that to make more room on the one level.
First thoughts are 3x4 or maybe 3x5. Would this be hard to clean?
Other idea is an L shape cage!
Could everyone send me photos of cages within this size range? :)
And thoughts on what would be best for them?
Thank you!

I have a 2x7 L shape. I think x3 would be difficult to clean unless you are very long of arm, or can get in it! As it is I have to use a stool because mine is raised and I am short!

59098566-9627-4B4B-A06B-ECAC3D1D775A.jpeg

I have a c and c cage on ikea tables (great idea from wiekbe). I used some cable ties as hinges and dog lead clips as bolts so that I can remove the front of the cage for easy cleaning. It is 5 x 3 one end and 5 x 2 the other end.

102p1eg.jpg

6tmtlz.jpg

28ulnow.jpg

I have a 2x11 on a table and I love it. I do have a step stool for reaching the vet back corner when cleaning out. 3 grids wide would be difficult to reach all the way around.

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-03 at 17.35.54.jpeg

I have a 5x3 with a loft and a 5x2 (which is raised). The 5x2 is way easier to clean. I have to get inside the 5x3, but my piggies are so used to having that space, I haven't the heart to downsize it.
DSC_0815.JPG DSC_0816.JPG DSC_0817.JPG

I am very kindly being given the grids by a charity for a donation now which will mean I am getting 18 girds! I am just struggling picturing how best to put the cage together.
Thank you for your help! It's good to see them on a scale! I guess I'm going to have to have a play around with them and see what works best, I'm still so undecided.

Reactions: Tim
I am very kindly being given the grids by a charity for a donation now which will mean I am getting 18 girds! I am just struggling picturing how best to put the cage together.
Thank you for your help! It's good to see them on a scale! I guess I'm going to have to have a play around with them and see what works best, I'm still so undecided.
If you need any advice at all, I’m only down the road from you :)

Have you reserved any piggies yet? If not, I know of a gorgeous pair of boys at Merrypigs in Stafford ;)

Last edited:
Hello I have had guinea pigs in the past and was in a constant struggle always trying to find space to upgrade there cage! They ended up with more room than me haha! Now in a new home with plenty of space and more money I am looking to start again in the right way from the start!
I have a lot of space to work with and am looking at getting two boys and giving them as much space as possible, (within reason).
I am however struggling to picture what set up would be more practical for cleaning and what would be best for them. I will not be getting a loft as I can use the grids for that to make more room on the one level.
First thoughts are 3x4 or maybe 3x5. Would this be hard to clean?
Other idea is an L shape cage!
Could everyone send me photos of cages within this size range? :)
And thoughts on what would be best for them?
Thank you!
Hey there. If you have the room for a 5x3 or bigger I say go for it. With guinea pigs (especially boars) the more room the better =)

Hey guys. All of your cages look awesome! I currently have a 6x2 for my two boys but wish I could make it a 6x3, unfortunately the space they are at is too narrow. Here is my current set up.

All fleece items are made by me & my beautiful sewing machine lol=)
20180116_124544.jpg 20180116_124606.jpg

Back