• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

piggie.slave

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
so i was on viovet as i want to get a few things for the pigs and dogs, and also wanted to get the living world glass water bottle (will attach image) and i read the reviews, this person said it was great but also said "of corse i took the carrot out" is there anything i don't know about it, and why did she take the carrot out? as this was one of the main reasons i was going to get this water bottle. (the carrot floats in the water bottle so you can see how hight the water is)
thanks
piggie.slave

Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 20.51.06.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 20.57.03.png

I use this type of bottle - and I too, took the carrot out. I don't use the carrot floats as it's one more thing to have to clean and sterilise once a week . I use boiling water to sterilise these bottles.

There's no harm in keeping the carrot in - it's all down to personal choice.

I have this bottle but the large one and it is great.

I actually had to purchase it and use it for my rabbits because one of my female rabbits kept chewing the plastic spout on the other bottles we have and use for the piggies.

She is not able to do this with the glass bottle and metal spout.

We leave the carrot in the bottle as it does help show you what the water level is so not sure why the other purchaser removed it? However it often gets accidentally left out when refilling and cleaning etc so perhaps they just found that a nuisance? I think it is just down to personal choice on whether to leave the carrot in or not :)

i'm glad you mentioned that the carrot is even removable because i wanted to try these bottles and sterilise them with boiled water, but didn't want to melt the plastic carrot in the process :))

I've got this water bottle and not being funny but my piggies can't seem t get the water put properly. I noticed the water hadn't gone down in a few days, I checked the ball and it was working fine but put their old one in anyway, they gulped down water and drank nearly half the bottle!L I thought maybe I had a faulty one, the water does come out less rapidly than the cheap ones you get, but it does come out. So anyway I bought another one the other day just incase but...exact same thing...any ideas peeps?!

I have one of these and 2 plastic ones with the grey lid (they came with the cages and i have two cages together in an L-shape joined with a bridge.) i like them, can clean with boiling water whereas plastic ones will melt. I only keep the plastic ones on as i have an ill sow that drinks lots and she prefers the plastic ones. The non drip glass ones definately do as they say, and my other 2 sows prefer it. I also keep the carrot in, cleans easily and definately good for glancing to check water levels.

I've got this water bottle and not being funny but my piggies can't seem t get the water put properly. I noticed the water hadn't gone down in a few days, I checked the ball and it was working fine but put their old one in anyway, they gulped down water and drank nearly half the bottle!L I thought maybe I had a faulty one, the water does come out less rapidly than the cheap ones you get, but it does come out. So anyway I bought another one the other day just incase but...exact same thing...any ideas peeps?!

Hmm not sure it may just be that because it is new and different that it will take a bit of time for them to get used to it.

If it was me I would just leave both bottles in and see if they slowly learn to use it and once they do you can then remove the other one.

I forgot the carrot was in there & when I emptied the water out I lost it down the sink! .. The Carrots a waste of time in my opinion xD

Hmm not sure it may just be that because it is new and different that it will take a bit of time for them to get used to it.

If it was me I would just leave both bottles in and see if they slowly learn to use it and once they do you can then remove the other one.

Thanks for the advice, but the thing is, they used it fine for a week or so and the water level was going down and then it just stopped. I'm just scared it's not working properly but not sure why...I think I might put both in as you said and see if it goes down at all :)

yeah I have lots of these for my piggies, the carrot is just there so you can see the water levels easy. I left them in, but lost a couple down the sink when rinsing the bottles out!

You can get one with a little plastic duck in it too XD
Sorry, that was random! But in all fairness I think the glass ones are easier to clean, and the floating things make it easier to see the remaining water level :)

I've got one of these and one of the plastic Crystal bottles on my cage, both guineas seem to prefer the glass bottle, I wonder if this is because the spout is angled down a bit more. I left the carrot in cause I like it!

I've got one of these and one of the plastic Crystal bottles on my cage, both guineas seem to prefer the glass bottle, I wonder if this is because the spout is angled down a bit more. I left the carrot in cause I like it!
oh ok i will defy try as i like the idea of a glass one!

i watch u on youtube!

i watch you on youtube!
Hehe hi!
I think I've solved the bottle problem...When I bought the second one, it was slightly smaller than the first so I just put the old glass bottle on the new spout (thinking it must be the spout that's the problem!) But yesterday I put the new smaller glass bottle on and they've drunk from it, it's about half full now! So maybe the vacuum wasn't working properly or something, I don't know anyway it's fine now apart from the bottle is really small lol!

Hehe hi!
I think I've solved the bottle problem...When I bought the second one, it was slightly smaller than the first so I just put the old glass bottle on the new spout (thinking it must be the spout that's the problem!) But yesterday I put the new smaller glass bottle on and they've drunk from it, it's about half full now! So maybe the vacuum wasn't working properly or something, I don't know anyway it's fine now apart from the bottle is really small lol!
Oh ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back