• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Batto_Mamma

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi my name is jade and I'm looking for someone to help me with an issue I dont have the money to bring my gunie pig to the vet and I'm worried because I'm not sure what's happening to him or what's going on my gunie pig keeps losing clumps of hair under his chin and idk what's causing it it's not mites or wet chin because he doesn't scratch nor did It feel wet he also lives in a cage with his brother now if its barbbing I'm not sure how to fix that because again I cant bring him to the vet this is how it looks

Attachments

• 20200530_190943.jpg
    20200530_190943.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200530_190859.jpg
    20200530_190859.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 10
Maybe refer to this? Guinea Lynx :: Hair Loss
I am so sorry that I cannot be of more help. I am sure that somebody who can offer more advice will be here shortly.
I feel so bad that you are worried about your piggy. I know what that feels like, please do not stress too much.
Help is on the way! :)

How are his teeth looking? (Just want to ensure that there is no dental problem).
Is he consistently losing clumps of hair? Could this be caused by him pulling dried boar glue off of his chin while grooming?
I wondering what this could be! :)
Someone more experienced will probably be around in a few hours (the forum is UK based and it is quite early in the morning over there!). :)

Oh! Lol I'm in texas and it's almost night here and no his teeth looks normal I just got them a few weeks ago and this is the first I've seen of it besides a small peice commin off i thought it was stress at first and what's dried bores glue?

Ewww that's gross lmao but natural and Loki my other male just bit me ack

I’m afraid we can’t diagnose things over the Internet. We aren’t vets, and only a hands on exam will help. Could you borrow the money from someone - friend or relative? Guinea pigs do need vet care so you will have to find a way to get money together in case they are ill in future. I’ll tag in @Wiebke @Piggies&buns @VickiA

Hi my name is jade and I'm looking for someone to help me with an issue I dont have the money to bring my gunie pig to the vet and I'm worried because I'm not sure what's happening to him or what's going on my gunie pig keeps losing clumps of hair under his chin and idk what's causing it it's not mites or wet chin because he doesn't scratch nor did It feel wet he also lives in a cage with his brother now if its barbbing I'm not sure how to fix that because again I cant bring him to the vet this is how it looks

Hi!

What the fuzzy picture shows is a nipple. Every guinea pig has two; they look the same in sows and boars.
Guinea pig body quirks - What is normal and what not?

Please keep the hairless spot under the chin under observation and start saving up for a vet visit; severe illness and emergenies often happen sudden and cannot wait for days or weeks. You do not want your piggies to die in agony because you cannot treat a perfectly curable illness or not even afford euthanasia.
Accessing veterinary care during coronavirus/Covid-19 lockdown

Back