• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Medical advice for eye injury.

GrahamB37

New Born Pup
Reaction score
064958BB-DA7F-4006-95E9-5840F8AD542A.jpegThis pig was attacked by her sister and bit around her eye. Does anyone have any medical advice? Does it look serious enough to take her to the vet? Is there anything we could do to prevent an infection? Please help!
(Note: the wound did seem to scab although she is itching at it and she does seem comfortable and she’s eating food. I just want to make sure that it doesn’t get worse or get infected

Last edited by a moderator:
Please have your girl seen by the vet soon. Any injury to eyes can be seen by any vet as treatment is the same across animals. We don’t give medical advice because we’re not vets and also don’t support home treatments. I would try to get her seen as soon as possible.

It’s easier if you attach a photo rather than use a link.

Last edited:
Aw, poor little mite, have you managed to see a vet yet, that looks serious

:agr: This is an emergency. I hope that you have managed to get her seen by a vet as an emergency.

Poor little girl.
She does need to see a vet as a matter of urgency
Let us know how things go

Back