• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Midwest Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a Midwest cage and could show me a photo of the set up you use? as I'm considering getting one for my single female.. thanks :)

I have the Midwest cage and I love it. It's easy to clean and easy to move and has lots of space. I have three pigs so I actually have two of the Midwest cages connected together. I use one as a sleeping area and one as a kitchen area. I'm actually going to add my third one from storage to give them even more space. I don't have one picture of the whole set up at the moment but I can take one later once I get home but I have a couple of separate pictures. Hope this helps...

20160228_194325.jpg

20160216_225938.jpg

Thanks my girls love it too they have lots of space to run around. I use puppy pads under the fleece and I just vacuum out the poos twice a day. I change the fleece twice a week so it's pretty easy and fast. I highly recommend it.

No not really for the most part they go to the bathroom in the hay tray but they do have one other corner in the sleeping cage where they go.

Thank you I've just been reading another post and I think I may swap to fleece for the bed instead of dust free horse shavings and hay.

I've never used shavings before but I used to use paper bedding and I am so glad I switched. I save so much money and it's quicker to clean and I don't get bedding all over the floor. Now I only use the paper bedding as a layer under the hay in the hay tray.

I love it! the cages I have seen haven't got the doors at the top? only the side, how did you get the doors at the top?x

You can set the metal framing up however you want with the doors wherever you want. They are pretty flexible. Once you get it set the way you want it then you put in the canvas bottom and attach it.

oh! do they also come with the covers for the doors or do you buy those on their own?(sorry for all the questions!)

I ordered my 3 cages two years ago and they didn't come with covers for the doors. I don't know if they do now or not. I just wrap fleece around the doors to make it soft so they don't get bumblefoot. I also use the flexible wood log bridges as a ramp they work well and my bunch also like to chew on them. Don't worry about asking questions I'm just happy I can help.:)

okay great thanks! when I do end up with 2 I might make some covers to match the fleece in the cage then :)

Yeah that way it can look however you want not with that green color. Good luck with getting it all set up. I would love to see pictures when it's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back