• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
We were eating dinner when I heard the boys busy running around. I came to investigate (it was quite boisterous) and found Toffee chasing Fudge around, teeth chattering on and off. He was also mounting and humping him. It’s been going on for at least 10mins now. Should I just leave them to it? They’ve been a few breaks of up to a minute but it’s still going on. I can’t really sit here watching them constantly as I’m working tonight so need to sleep :( will they sort it out you think? I’ve attached a video...

We were eating dinner when I heard the boys busy running around. I came to investigate (it was quite boisterous) and found Toffee chasing Fudge around, teeth chattering on and off. He was also mounting and humping him. It’s been going on for at least 10mins now. Should I just leave them to it? They’ve been a few breaks of up to a minute but it’s still going on. I can’t really sit here watching them constantly as I’m working tonight so need to sleep :( will they sort it out you think? I’ve attached a video...

Sounds like a typical hormone spike. Please do not separate unless there is a fight.
Here is some very detailed information about the teenage months: Boars: Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?

Yes I won’t separate unless blood is drawn. I’ve checked on them, they’re ‘ok’. It stops and starts.

I was keeping an ear out and ended up not sleeping! Anyway, when I went to check on them, it seemed to have stopped. But Toffee has a small cut to his bottom eyelid. If you don’t look too closely you can’t make it out. I thought he had something crusty near his eye hence taking a closer look. Fudge has no cuts or injuries to him. What should I do with regards to Toffee’s eye? He seems fine in himself and went to greet my husband and demanded a stroke as usual.
TIA!

I was keeping an ear out and ended up not sleeping! Anyway, when I went to check on them, it seemed to have stopped. But Toffee has a small cut to his bottom eyelid. If you don’t look too closely you can’t make it out. I thought he had something crusty near his eye hence taking a closer look. Fudge has no cuts or injuries to him. What should I do with regards to Toffee’s eye? He seems fine in himself and went to greet my husband and demanded a stroke as usual.
TIA!

Hi! Just leave the cut be. It is only a minor accident from a slightly mis-judged swipe with a back leg. Even my sows have them from time to time. it is not caused by a fight and counts at the worst as part of a minor scuffle.
Your boys' tense and shocked behaviour will tell you when something serious has happened, like a fight with deep and intentional bites to the face and rump.

Hi! Just leave the cut be. It is only a minor accident from a slightly mis-judged swipe with a back leg. Even my sows have them from time to time. it is not caused by a fight and counts at the worst as part of a minor scuffle.
Your boys' tense and shocked behaviour will tell you when something serious has happened, like a fight with deep and intentional bites to the face and rump.
Thanks for the reassurance @Wiebke. We had dogs (guard dogs) and cats in the past but it’s my first animal, I don’t want to get it wrong
There was one mounting that I witnessed today otherwise same old same old! :wub:

My two boars hump each other all the time, I think it's okay? I don't think they've ever hurt each other and they both do it, I think they hump their stuffed hippo too! I have always assumed it's normal, either that or I have two very randy piggies...

My two boars hump each other all the time, I think it's okay? I don't think they've ever hurt each other and they both do it, I think they hump their stuffed hippo too! I have always assumed it's normal, either that or I have two very randy piggies...

Some boars have a more humping relationship than others; if both practise it all the time, it is more in the way of "hey, bro, I am still here!"
But unless it is so excessive that the piggy at the receiving end can literally not eat, drink or sleep unmolested, it is an intergral part of boar life.

PS: I divide my neutered boars into the 'mountaineers' and the 'rumble-singers' when it comes to their approach to sows.

Some boars have a more humping relationship than others; if both practise it all the time, it is more in the way of "hey, bro, I am still here!"
But unless it is so excessive that the piggy at the receiving end can literally not eat, drink or sleep unmolested, it is an intergral part of boar life.

PS: I divide my neutered boars into the 'mountaineers' and the 'rumble-singers' when it comes to their approach to sows.

I mean when I say all the time, it is a daily occurrence but they're still companionable. The older boar certainly does more of the humping but I don't think it's at a frequency where it's affecting little Morty's welfare! They did go through boar bonding at their rescue before they came to me so hopefully they're pals for life!

Haha! That was the only incident of humping I've ever witnessed. I think Toffee wants to try mounting occasionally but isn't allowed, and now sometimes smells/cleans his butt :xd:

Back