• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufflElla

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Guinea pig is 6 years old this has only appeared today and she's never had it before, she has the vets tomorrow but I just wondered if anyone knew what it was? I'm very worried about her.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It is likely an ulcerating eye infection. Please have her seen as soon as possible. Eye infections can come on and deteriorate very quickly.

It is likely an ulcerating eye infection. Please have her seen as soon as possible. Eye infections can come on and deteriorate very quickly.
Okay thank you, she has the vets tomorrow morning so hopefully they will sort her out. Do you know how ulcerating eye infections are caused? Thanks.

Okay thank you, she has the vets tomorrow morning so hopefully they will sort her out. Do you know how ulcerating eye infections are caused? Thanks.

Often it is an eye scratch or poke, but it can have other causes. You need to see a vet for a diagnosis and proper treatment. The injuriy is not necessarily visible to the naked eye and may likely need some dye and ultraviolet lighting at the vets.

Thankfully, most eye injuries come back down pretty quickly again, if not quite as quickly as they have come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back