• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My piggie is suddenly very sick

Madhatter1215

New Born Pup
Reaction score
He hasnt touched his food bowl. He feels very limp. He keeps having these little spasms and i can hear him wheezing. Hes about 3-4 years old and ive never seen a day where he hasn't ate. He had some white discharge in his eyes also and some bloody snot on his nose I'm really worried.

You need to contact an emergency vet ASAP as this is a life and death situation if she is limp and have bloody snot.

I'm waiting for the vet to call me back now as you have to make an appointment sadly cuz of this virus but what could be wrong with him he was fine the other day?

I'm waiting for the vet to call me back now as you have to make an appointment sadly cuz of this virus but what could be wrong with him he was fine the other day?

Piggies hide their illnesses and go downhill very quickly. We would not be able to tell you what is wrong with him.

Have you been weighing your piggy regularly? Has his weight been stable? Weighing piggies regularly (lifelong weekly weighing is recommended) is important as it can show up any potential signs of illness early. Now your piggy is unwell, it is best to switch to daily weighing. Your piggy will need to be syringe fed now and likely for the near future so weighing is essential to know you are syringing enough food into your piggy each day

Soŕry but your piggie is very poorly.
Make him as comfy as possible and if possible syringe some mashed up pellets and water to keep the gut going.
Be strong ok.

As above he needs to be seen by a vet as an emergency... they have to see you...hope you can be see asap.

Just wondering if there is any update on Madhatter's poor piggy. Did you manage to get to the vet?

Back