• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My Poor Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robynnlouu

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
so unfortunately this morning my little boy had to be put down. I had only had him a week but he was the most outgoing, gentle and lovely boy. but pets at home sold me a guinea pig with a birth defect which meant he could not poop.

I even told them to check both my boys before i bought them and they didn't notice the fact he had no anus. 6 days past and when i realised something was wrong with him it was too late. The vets said he wasn't likely to survive the operation and we had to do what was best for him to prevent him suffering.

I have contacted head office, they apologised and advised me they have a 5 step process in place to stop things like this happening but i told them unfortunately that wasn't good enough. That is being looked into and i will be taking this as far as i can.

In the meantime, stay blessed everyone and appreciate everyday you have with your little munchkins.

Rest in peace Buddah <3

IMG_1308.JPG

Aw poor Buddah, I've never heard of that before! How did he survive without an anus for 8 or 9 weeks?!
RIP little fellow! :(

Can't believe that the breeder AND Pets at home didn't notice something like that. You'd think they would have noticed when they tried to sex them ?

Can't believe that the breeder AND Pets at home didn't notice something like that. You'd think they would have noticed when they tried to sex them ?

Exactly my thoughts. So sad he had already become part of the family and all along he was never going to live long.

P@h even sexed him in front of me and said nothing!

Heartbreaking

Aw he's such a cutie though! Love the little white snip on his nose.
It doesn't take long for them to become part of the family, does it? :(
I noticed your other thread too; how is Goofy getting on?

Aw poor Buddah, I've never heard of that before! How did he survive without an anus for 8 or 9 weeks?!
RIP little fellow! :(

He survived 12-14! No clue at all how he did make it that long but the vet even showed us, there was literally no opening there.

So strange and should not have happened :(

Aw maybe he's looking for him?! I know when we lost one of our boars Simon his friend Joe was looking for him everywhere :(
Still, at least he knew and enjoyed what it's like to be in a family home before he passed :(

so unfortunately this morning my little boy had to be put down. I had only had him a week but he was the most outgoing, gentle and lovely boy. but pets at home sold me a guinea pig with a birth defect which meant he could not poop.

I even told them to check both my boys before i bought them and they didn't notice the fact he had no anus. 6 days past and when i realised something was wrong with him it was too late. The vets said he wasn't likely to survive the operation and we had to do what was best for him to prevent him suffering.

I have contacted head office, they apologised and advised me they have a 5 step process in place to stop things like this happening but i told them unfortunately that wasn't good enough. That is being looked into and i will be taking this as far as i can.

In the meantime, stay blessed everyone and appreciate everyday you have with your little munchkins.

Rest in peace Buddah <3

View attachment 62513

I am so very sorry! Poor little boy! At least he has known love with you!

Here are our tips on what you can do for his companion: Rainbow Bridge Pets

Rest in peace Buddah <3

View attachment 62513
I just joined this forum right, here and now because this moved me so much, I could not move on without sending you my heartfelt condolences. Bless his little soul and bless you for doing the kindest thing you could possibly do when faced with an impossible situation.

He survived 12-14! No clue at all how he did make it that long but the vet even showed us, there was literally no opening there.

So strange and should not have happened :(
I am not doubting you, but it's amazing that he lasted even one week! The poor little love, and poor you too, how awful.
Huge hugs, I'm really sorry xx

Poor little baby. How horrible for him that he couldn't poo :( you weren't to know he had this awful problem when you got him... so sad.
RIP
x

I am so sorry for your loss, what an awful thing to have happened to him poor little baby. But at least he found a loving home with you.
I hate that shop! We once bought 2 guinea pigs from there years ago and one became ill and all they said is" do you want to swap him?" Mum kicked off about it and we eventually 1 free vets trip! We paid hundreds of pounds to get him right and he only lived till around 1 year old! We were devistated.

If your thinking of getting your remaining piggy a friend I would recommend getting it from a rescue as they are only rehomed when they are healthy and they really are lovely piggies who, through no fault of their own have ended up looking for a forever home x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back