• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

dannif_piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but over the next week I'm am off work and Ive come up with such an exciting idea for my guinea pigs c&c, I will be extending the base possibly to 4x3 (if not just a small width extension on one part) and then providing them with a loft. My intentions are to have it "house" themed, the loft area will be a "garden" space and the downstairs their "living room" and "bedroom". Call me crazy but I'm so excited to do this for my piggies and I hope it comes out as well as Ive invisioned 😂 I picked up a large wall paper sample today where I'm going to cover the sides of the coroplast (I'm going to have large walls of coroplast) and then for water proofing and wipe proof, cover in sticky back plastic. Then green fleece is the plan for the "garden area".
I can see myself getting carried away with this but if anyone is interested I will be posting photos of the cage on this thread after it's done. 😊

Sounds amazing! I can’t wait to see pictures, my kids would love it. My daughter has designated different parts of our cage as the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room, if I show her your pictures we might have to go shopping and rearrange our cage!

Sounds amazing! I can’t wait to see pictures, my kids would love it. My daughter has designated different parts of our cage as the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room, if I show her your pictures we might have to go shopping and rearrange our cage!
As a creative person anyway, I love doing things like this and what better thing to do than combine two of my loves and passions 😊 It hopefully will be completed by the end of the week!

Ive been working on it bit by bit. As well as making my first ever cage liners for it: here's the progress so far: the "wallpapered" walls are up and the new cage liner is in (ended up being a bit small but for first try it's not awful). The garden is in progress but the basic structure of the loft is up (although I'm gonna have to add support). The ramp also needs to be made. So far I'm really happy with it! IMG_9854.JPG

What a fabulous cage. They are very lucky piggies.

Looking good so far. Your piggies are waiting very patiently there!
It made me laugh! All the room they had in their play pen and they decided to lay like that on a boiling hot day 😂

Finally got round to stitching my first practice of a teepee- for the garden section of the cage- not sure how it'll hold up with the pigs but we'll give it a go! IMG_9878.JPG
It is stitched using the material of a pillow case, cut 4 triangles with base of 24cm and height of 30, cut the tips of all the triangles off. Sewed some "pockets" for the rods down one side of each triangle and then see each triangle to one another using the opposite side. The poles are "gardening sticks" and although I do not know what wood these are, they are not attainable to the piggies as they are covered with fabric and I will keep an eye out for any chew marks etc.

It's not perfect but for a first attempt, pretty happy with it 😊

IMG_9880.JPGIMG_9880.JPGIMG_9881.JPG
-please excuse the lower cage liner, clean out day is tomorrow-

Here's the nearly finished cage. Some parts are "bodged" for the time being until I get time to finalise it and add the finer details. I must admit, it's not exactly how I imagined, but it's given them a little more room and space. I'm in the process of making some more liners. (I must admit, I've been really enjoying using the sewing machine)

Currently, Willow is loving the upstairs conversion, running up and down the ramp like there's no tomorrow. Honey on the other hand, being possibly the least agile of all piggies (bless her) isn't so keen. And hasn't quite worked out going down the ramp and feels the need to slide half way then jump. But even if Willow uses it as her own space, it's worth it 😊

I love it. The picture on the wall!

I love making fleece liners and pee pads. The colours and patterns of fleece are just so amazi g and it is so good warchi g the guinea pigs exploring and appreciating their new things.

Back