New Cage

Hlao-roo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

I'm wanting a new cage for my 3 boars. They're currently in a one-story 5x2 C&C cage but I'm not comfortable with it as it doesn't seem sturdy enough and bits keep popping out of the connectors, and I really hate the correx / plastic stuff!

I've found this one online: Lounge Small Pet Cage at discount prices at bitiba.co.uk

I know each floor isn't as big but thought it might be ok as it has two floors, and I'm confident they'll use both as I previously had the C&C set up as 4x2 with a 1x2 loft and they loved it!

What's your opinions please?

Thank you!

Flamestriker

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I love my C&C cage. I use cable ties as well as connectors, and my cage is 10x2 with a 2x2 loft. I haven't cable tied the loft grids and they keep popping out, but I'm cleaning them out on Tuesday and I will tie them.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
You can secure your grids using cable ties instead of the connectors, that should sure it up. I don't have C&C personally, mine are all hutches, but unfortunately that one you showed is just too small. Its not based on 2 floors, the space should be based on the floor space of 1 really. I would also ensure you can expand in case of potential fall-outs as you have 3 boars.

Reactions: Tim

Hlao-roo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've tried with cable ties and I'm just not happy with it tbh :no:

I'm thinking of trying Midwest cages; connecting two or three together so they have plenty of room :)

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
That's a good idea, we've had a few people here do that too and used the wooden bridges for the piggies to use and run between the two. I like putting a fleece on them to stop any snagging of paws - just to be sure.:)