• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

piggie.slave

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We need some of your opinions on a little problem I have,
Basically, I own two male pigs who live in a 3x2 at the moment, about two weeks ago they had to be separated, due to dominance issues, but soon to be re bonded hopefully and put into a 6x2 c&c cage
My mums friend owns guineapigs and is giving them away, they aren't living in the best way as they have been put to live with a rabbit and get very little attention, I would love to give them both a home with me but I only have a few options (that I can think of)~ try and bond all the 4 pigs together BUT they are all boys and are all aged 7months to 1year which is there hormonal stage, my other option is putting one pair in a 3x2 and same with the other pair, but I would be concerned with this as it isn't a lot of space for either pair and if either pair have a fall out I am stuck
Obviously I am going to put my pigs first as they are most important but I would hate for the other pigs to end up in the wrong hands thanks

It is lovely you are thinking of helping out with these other two boys and I understand about them falling into the wrong hands but as you say you have to put your piggies first and they haven't been bonded yet so I would look at that issue in hand first. A pair of piggies would need a 2x4 c&c and especially hormonal boys too unfortunately

If you can do it two pair would be the way to go. Otherwise could you suggest she surrender them to a rescue?

It is lovely you are thinking of helping out with these other two boys and I understand about them falling into the wrong hands but as you say you have to put your piggies first and they haven't been bonded yet so I would look at that issue in hand first. A pair of piggies would need a 2x4 c&c and especially hormonal boys too unfortunately

If you can do it two pair would be the way to go. Otherwise could you suggest she surrender them to a rescue?

I think I have decided it's pretty much impossible for me to give them a good home, as I havnt got the space for them, but I think I might find a good home for them, or give them to the local rescue of I could ask on here if anyone wants them?

I think I have decided it's pretty much impossible for me to give them a good home, as I havnt got the space for them, but I think I might find a good home for them, or give them to the local rescue of I could ask on here if anyone wants them?
I honestly think that is the best idea. Have you seen our rescue locator at the top of the page? Are there any local to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back