• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Obsessed With Lettuce ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToriiBugg

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My 2 month old Finn has taken a huge liking to romaine lettuce. I give him a good bit but when he finishes it he looks around for more! He even nudges my fingers and basically loves on me probably hoping he'd get more. If I don't give him more he seriously squeals at me. He eats his pellets and his apples as well. He's very picky about what he eats. But I don't know if I should give him lettuce until he's satisfied or limit him.

Hi there it sounds like you have a piggy with a healthy apatite !
Personaly I feed greens like lettuce very sparingly as to much is not good for the digestion ,
I much prefer to feed hard veg like carrot , it gives there incisors exercise.

My feed = veg 15% dried feed 35% and alf afa Timathy hay makes up the rest

The key with piggy food is variety, just feeding a few different veg isn't that great for them. My girls love romaine lettuce too, but they have to try different things! Also be careful with too many apples (acidity can cause mouth ulcers) and carrots (too high in sugar, only give a few times a week max).

Piggies take a while to get used to new veg but now mine eat a range of different things, it takes a bit of time and patience but if you hand feed them bits they'll eventually see that it won't hurt them :)

You can feed a range of herbs, my girls love coriander, dill and parsley and a mix of various veg including bell peppers, cucumber (not too much as with romaine as it's quite a wet food), kale and well the list goes on!

It's worth checking the food lists/guides on here and work out a bit of a variety to try with your piggies, good luck :)

Well worth trying to get a variety of food going on if you can, variety been the spice of life and all that :)

Coriander always goes down well, I bet they'll love bell peppers too (desseded) and they are very good for them

welcome to the forum, be fab to see some photos of your piggies

The key with piggy food is variety, just feeding a few different veg isn't that great for them. My girls love romaine lettuce too, but they have to try different things! Also be careful with too many apples (acidity can cause mouth ulcers) and carrots (too high in sugar, only give a few times a week max).

Piggies take a while to get used to new veg but now mine eat a range of different things, it takes a bit of time and patience but if you hand feed them bits they'll eventually see that it won't hurt them :)

You can feed a range of herbs, my girls love coriander, dill and parsley and a mix of various veg including bell peppers, cucumber (not too much as with romaine as it's quite a wet food), kale and well the list goes on!

It's worth checking the food lists/guides on here and work out a bit of a variety to try with your piggies, good luck :)
Coriander, dill and parsley are a big hit here with the piggies here too :)

Thank you

It's worth checking the food lists/guides on here and work out a bit of a variety to try with your piggies, good luckthank you for the help :)

Romaine always goes down a treat with mine, but they only get it a couple of times a week. He'll certainly not let on if he's full, because it's impossible! :P

You're most welcome, yes piggies are never full. They are always there, demanding more food XD They would bankrupt us if they could!

Your piggy is naughty making you think he's still hungry, I had 2 bottomless pits a while ago same as you I thought they were hungry. I soon learned they were pulling a fast one. :lol!:

You're most welcome, yes piggies are never full. They are always there, demanding more food XD They would bankrupt us if they could!

I just thank my lucky stars that guinea pigs can not order any groceries on the internet, can you imagine! We'd all be broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back