• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Popcorn bby

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! My Piggie isn't pooping. She was pooping yesterday really well but today she seems to have stopped. She's not bloated, she's eating lots, and she's acting like herself. I do have cisapride for her but I know it's a hard medicine, should i give it to her (I have the dose and everything from the vet)?

I wondered if your piggy gets enough hay because mine eat hay all day. Hay will help them with digesting food and consequently with pooping.
My boy Finn and Lara get endless supply of Oxbow hay and I end up with more poop than I can handle daily. I always thought it was because they get endless supply of Oxbow hay.

If your piggie isn't pooping it is serious. Your piggie needs to see a vet.

I agree with Betsy, if this is the one that had bloat recently it could be the start of it coming back. Please get a vets appointment and in the meantime step in with syringe feeding to keep the guts going

Hi! My Piggie isn't pooping. She was pooping yesterday really well but today she seems to have stopped. She's not bloated, she's eating lots, and she's acting like herself. I do have cisapride for her but I know it's a hard medicine, should i give it to her (I have the dose and everything from the vet)?

If your guinea pig is holding its weight (weigh once daily at the same time in the feeding cycle, like before dinner) and is eating plenty (especially hay, which should make over 80% of the daily food intake), then it is perfectly OK. It means that the guts are still working properly and your piggy is not in any discomfort. Again - cisapride is NOT an anti-bloat drug and should be only used as sparingly as possible.
Have you seen a vet over your bloating issues?

Throwing strong medication at it because you suffer from anxiety will not help the guts to normalise and will in the long term do more harm than good because you are interfering all the time with the normal digestive process and are not allowing it to settle down and right itself.

Back