• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginnyandpia

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ginny Pig has started a new thing where she pees on my mom...

She'll sit for a cuddle for about 15 minutes and then she'll just let loose with the pee and poop right on my mom.

She has only ever peed on me once when she was on antibiotics. She usually poops when being held so that's not a concern, but why is she suddenly peeing on my mother?

I have no clue why she could be doing this :help:

It's a good question.
None of our guinea pigs pee on us during lap time anymore.
They did at first, but now (8 months later) if they need to pee they start fidgeting, then gently biting and tugging at our clothing until we put them back in their cage.
I consider all 4 of them fully toilet trained during lap time.
BUT DD has a friend who comes to visit on a regular basis. Her friend has hamsters and rabbits, and adores our guinea pigs.
She is a sensible kid and always wants a cuddle with Eddi.
Without fail Eddi pees on her every single time.
I am guessing it is something to do with her smell versus our smell?
But I don't really know.
But she still comes at least once a week, and always wants to hold Eddi.
She also brings a change of clothes now.....

Poor kid omg. Ginny is still young, no more than 5-6 months, only knowing my mom for a few weeks now. After reading this I'm hoping it's because she's still young and not completely used to my mom yet!

It is a sign that Ginny trusts you.maybe she needs putting back into her home before 15 mins,this is the approximate time that any piggie can hold there urine/bladder before they need to evacuate there bladder contents...unfortunatley on Hooman carers.Try to have a waterproof lap pad on your lap,so it does not distress Ginny or you.Try to put ginny in her cage after10 mins have lapsed.my piggies poop wherever....on me !:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back