• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

E_Blackaby

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! Basically I adopted one of my 4 pigs Poppy about 2 weeks ago (she came paired with my other girl Gigi) and she's great I love her she's so lively and naughty.

She just keeps doing this weird little thing I have included some screen shots from a video I took to show you because I couldn't upload the video it was too big!

She basically flips over on to her back and rolls around like crazy she can do it any time and it's like she just loses control of her body haha!

I have concluded partly that it's popcorning (extreme style? Haha) as she is extremely lively and happy like I said but I just wanted to see if anyone else had anything to add because it does sometimes look quite peculiar haha! She does it randomly and sometimes when I'm touching her but she doesn't have any sores or mites or anything I've checked and she doesn't mind being held or stroked.

I've seen other videos of piggies popcorning before so I'm not too worried just thought I'd check! It would be fitting for Poppy to be my Guinea pig who popcorns the most tho hehe! x

image.png

image.png

Obviously without a video I can only say what I see in pics- which is a happy piggy! I think she is just really really excited! My boar Mo almost rolls over with his belly in the air sometimes. :)

Sounds like she is very happy and excited perhaps, not heard of a piggy rolling over before though. Your piggies have some lovely colours/markings.

When Comet popcorns he really just shakes his head and neck in a certain way...he's too lazy to jump because it usually ends with him falling over his own legs. Blitzen popcorns by headbanging in mid air, and if he happens to be in a hidey or a tunnel at the time, then the tunnel/hidey has to move with him.

Really there is no one way to popcorn, I think.

Obviously without a video I can only say what I see in pics- which is a happy piggy! I think she is just really really excited! My boar Mo almost rolls over with his belly in the air sometimes. :)
Ahhh cute! Yeah I just sometimes felt like she was doing it so much and was so out of control of herself I just hope she's alright haha! It said the video was too big or I would've posted it :( I posted it on my Instagram ellamae_blackaby I love posting pictures of my girls on there xx

Sounds like she is very happy and excited perhaps, not heard of a piggy rolling over before though. Your piggies have some lovely colours/markings.
Thank you! Yeah I think that must be it she's so naughty and crazy haha x

When Comet popcorns he really just shakes his head and neck in a certain way...he's too lazy to jump because it usually ends with him falling over his own legs. Blitzen popcorns by headbanging in mid air, and if he happens to be in a hidey or a tunnel at the time, then the tunnel/hidey has to move with him.

Ahhh that's reassuring! Bless them! I think she's just particularly hyper haha xx

Like each human having their own dance style, piggies have their own popcorning style. some are also much livelier than others. Then there are the real madcaps... :D

Like each human having their own dance style, piggies have their own popcorning style. some are also much livelier than others. Then there are the real madcaps... :D
I think she's definitely a mad one! Awww Poppy the popcorning pig x

I think she's just really excited. How cute! My Patchy when she was a baby used to twist and shake when she popcorned like she didn't know how and it freaked me out because she looked like she was having a fit but was usually followed by several laps of zoomies. Now she just looks like a whale jumping out of the ocean her little bums getting so big hehe.

My little Beansprout does this all the time! She is also very lively and naughty and her sister Noodle looks at her like she's a weirdo!:lol:

This is adorable and the thought of your piggy head banging in mid air gave me a little giggle! Thank you!:D

This is adorable and the thought of your piggy head banging in mid air gave me a little giggle! Thank you!:D

He's a sheltie cross and he got the full sheltie coat, so he has a really long tuft over the back of his neck. When he jumps to popcorn that tuft goes flying, just like a proper metalhead :))

I think she's just really excited. How cute! My Patchy when she was a baby used to twist and shake when she popcorned like she didn't know how and it freaked me out because she looked like she was having a fit but was usually followed by several laps of zoomies. Now she just looks like a whale jumping out of the ocean her little bums getting so big hehe.
She runs around a lot too! Haha that's why I had to ask all that thrashing around Oh well as long as she's happy doing it! Xx

Back