• Dying, terminal illness and euthanasia: New sensitive support guide for guinea pig owners Please Click Here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Emergency Really Worried - Piggy badly straining and not eating

Zanzan

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm so sorry you have been in my thoughts all day. If wishes and love were enough to get them through we would never have to say goodbye. He will always be part of you now.

rhymer

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about little Jimjim. You did everything you could to help, sometimes the call to the rainbow bridge is just to strong.
Take care of yourself as you grieve and take comfort that little Jimjim knew how much he was loved.
Sending you massive hugs.xx

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this, but please take some comfort from the knowledge that the surgery was completely essential to remove the stone- by opting for surgery he had a chance, if you hadn't gone for the surgery he wouldnt have had a chance. So you really did everything you could and everything that any of us would do in the same circumstances to help your poor piggy x

Ladeofshade

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So hard because I’m going through the, ‘he was alone in the vet hospital all night I should have been there’ and the ‘I should have got him to the vets sooner’ and ‘why didn’t we notice he was poorly sooner’ etc. etc. 💔💔😭😭

Darcey15

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
So hard because I’m going through the, ‘he was alone in the vet hospital all night I should have been there’ and the ‘I should have got him to the vets sooner’ and ‘why didn’t we notice he was poorly sooner’ etc. etc. 💔💔😭😭
Oh bless you. You acted quickly and you did everything correctly and even with the initial delay in the op you were pushing as much as you could. It's natural to think what if, we could all do that (and have) but it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Please be kind to yourself and give yourself time. Is he back home with you now?

Ladeofshade

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh bless you. You acted quickly and you did everything correctly and even with the initial delay in the op you were pushing as much as you could. It's natural to think what if, we could all do that (and have) but it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Please be kind to yourself and give yourself time. Is he back home with you now?
Thank you for your kind words, I guess it’s just part of the process 😢 Yes we fetched him this afternoon and buried him this evening 💔 x

Darcey15

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words, I guess it’s just part of the process 😢 Yes we fetched him this afternoon and buried him this evening 💔 x
It is part of the process just like you say and it will get easier but it's an awful lot to process in a short few hours. Please do keep popping on here as you'll always get reassurance from folks who have been through the same thing. (There are links to bereavement in the piggie guides too) Big hugs x

Ladeofshade

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It is part of the process just like you say and it will get easier but it's an awful lot to process in a short few hours. Please do keep popping on here as you'll always get reassurance from folks who have been through the same thing. (There are links to bereavement in the piggie guides too) Big hugs x
Thank you x

Julie M

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. 😢 💔

You did everything you could for Jimmy. ((((hugs)))

Ladeofshade

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So miss my lil guy! Still can’t believe he’s gone 💔💔

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I am so sorry. I promise the pain eases but it takes time, one day you will remember him with a smile. Be kind to yourself as you grieve, no one could have done more for him, you did all you could and more.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I’m so sorry you have lost Jimmy, you did everything you could have done for him and he will have know just how much you loved him x
Sleep tight little man x

Ladeofshade

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A week since we lost our lovely Jimmy 😢 Feeling a little less pain now, but still miss him. Will always remember him, he was such a sweet guy. Thx again everyone for all your kind words, advice and well wishes. I’ve really appreciated all the support, and from people who understand, and know he wasn’t just a pet, he was part of our family 💖 x