• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Storage Recommendations

adussiaQ

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,
I couldn’t find a similar thread so I made my own, not sure it’s in the right chat but please move it if it’s not.
I’m looking for your recommendations on storage. I buy all my piggie items in bulk and it’s begging to be hard to store. It doesn’t look great and it’s not practical just laying about in my bedroom haha
I usually need to store 15kg of hay, 10kg of nuggets, tones of fleece items, some toys and a few treats, cleaning supplies and just general care items. I was thinking of buying some chests of drawers and lining them with plastic sheets so I can just empty the pellets inside and scoop them out?

I recently saw on Pinterest a “diy” to use a wicker laundry basket to store hay in. It looks cute, not sure how practical it is.

Anyone got any ideas?
Please let me know what you think as I’m sure there’s lots of people here who may have the same problem!

Luckily I have a big cupboard next to my cage that I can store excess things, spare hidey boxes, fleeces etc,
For my hay I use a flexi tub. And my pellets I put in a storage box.
:)

Thats a great idea with the flexi tub as it will have plenty of ventilation.
And with the storage box do you just use a plastic one?

Thats a great idea with the flexi tub as it will have plenty of ventilation.
And with the storage box do you just use a plastic one?

I’m fortunate enough to have a barn full of hay bales so I just take my flexi tub to the barn and fill it up :D
Yes just a plastic box with a lid. Mines cheap quality so it’s probably not air tight but I don’t feel it matters too much..

Back