• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Super Sharp Nails - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hlao-roo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My piggy Romeo has super sharp nails! I trim them but he has broken my skin a few times recently with them because they still stay really sharp. My other piggies scratch a little but no where near as bad as Romeo.

Is there a way to dull them a little? Can I file them? Any success stories with filing nails?

I've only had him a couple of months and he's a bit younger than my other 2 boys so it doesn't help that when I hold him, he scurries up to my neck and and nudges at me a lot so his feet dig in!

Any advice please?

Thanks!

Orchids. Youngsters nails can be so very sharp. I trim much more regularly but just taking the very top off. I have heard using upturned tiles can help if they are walking over them in the cage to naturally file the nails down

I pop mine on the patio when their nails are really sharp or need a trim and that way get naturally filed down.

Haha yeah, but it's better than being scratched to pieces. His scratches sting so bad!

Haha yeah, but it's better than being scratched to pieces. His scratches sting so bad!

or having to explain to colleagues who's been clawing your chest when the red lines haven't disappeared yet

I get that! "Oooo! What have you been up to?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back