• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
For the last few days Toffee has been wheeking when I walk past their cage. I've only given in a couple of times and given them a small sliver of cucumber or some spring greens/coriander. Now it's a case of just resisting
Today they went outside for the first time. Wrong day as it was a little windy. They first hid in the hay for a bit before coming out to explore a little more.
IMG_3574.JPG
They also had some dandelion leaves. I changed their bedding and did puppy pads, towel and fleece. It's wicking well so I'm happy.
IMG_3579.JPG
The previous bedding is in the washing machine on a 60c wash.
IMG_3584.JPG
Once they were in I gave them their dinner. I admit to dropping Fudge as I came back in. Silly really as I was holding something else and he was busy wanting to get away ☹️ I'll keep an eye on him but he seems fine so far. *slap self*
On a brighter note Toffee let me pet him without running off! He rested his paw on my finger and I stroked him under the chin....TWICE! I'm not working Wednesday night so may try for a cuddle then or Thursday eve.

Quick question, if they're outside on concrete, what do you put down for them? I'll have to cut some lino to size for inside days.

Piggies are quite crafty really and aren't daft. They wheek, you feed, they wheek more...you'll not break the chain, it's just so ingrained into them, I really chuckle when I'm sat in the lounge and I can hear my lot shouting at me.

Even the best owners can have accidents, they are quite wriggly when they have something in mind...if you are carrying them any distance you are best to put them into a container/cardboard box, it really makes life a lot easier.

Mine only really go on the grass and not concrete to be honest but if you only have that then lots of different textures are great and of course the concrete can help, I think, to keep their nails down.

As long as it's not too cold and the flooring isn't cold you should be all good.

Well done on toffee, awesome news.

@Siikibam
forgot to say, keep them off anything damp really too.
Ohh grass...I bet they were enjoying munching on that.
If its the first time, then gradually build up their tolerance to grass to avoid bloat.

@Mother Hubbard i will do. Read damp grass is a no no. I pulled some grass to give to them rather than put them on there. It's quite weedy in some places and bare patches in other so easier that way.
@Flutterby they are!, Crafty little boys! :roll: Today I hmgave in and gave them half a slice of cucumber each and a small bit of parsley. I was out all pretty much all day and didn't talk to them much or get time to clean them today. So felt guilty. The kids probably entertained them though. My oldest daughter was sat next to the cage reading this evening.
Another thing they now do (Toffee leads) is to come prop themselves up on the bars when I sit or lie down near the cage. If I put my finger in trying to stroke on the nose, Toffee nibbles it (can be quite painful!) Does he think I'm only good for feeding? :soz:

@Mother Hubbard i will do. Read damp grass is a no no. I pulled some grass to give to them rather than put them on there. It's quite weedy in some places and bare patches in other so easier that way.
@Flutterby they are!, Crafty little boys! :roll: Today I hmgave in and gave them half a slice of cucumber each and a small bit of parsley. I was out all pretty much all day and didn't talk to them much or get time to clean them today. So felt guilty. The kids probably entertained them though. My oldest daughter was sat next to the cage reading this evening.
Another thing they now do (Toffee leads) is to come prop themselves up on the bars when I sit or lie down near the cage. If I put my finger in trying to stroke on the nose, Toffee nibbles it (can be quite painful!) Does he think I'm only good for feeding? :soz:

Yep, you are a total human slave.

Back