• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tips for ramp use

Wilmaandluna

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey! I just got my two piggies, they are 10 weeks old and really settling into their new house well. They haven't used their loft yet, does anyone have any tips to get them to climb this ramp? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_20190811_135536.jpg
    IMG_20190811_135536.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190811_125031.jpg
    IMG_20190811_125031.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 9
The ramps too steep so I would pop something underneath it to make it less steep. It might be slippy as well, maybe using a carpet tile to give it more grip.

Thats only one level of the cage, there is another underneath that they will have access to, they are only with us a day so we will be opening that today as they have really come out of their shell :P amazing I'll try both of those suggestions, thank you!

Put some sides on the ramp too. They may be afraid of falling off. The sides need to be at least 3-4" deep.
Thats only one level of the cage, there is another underneath that they will have access to, they are only with us a day so we will be opening that today as they have really come out of their shell :P amazing I'll try both of those suggestions, thank you!
The levels of the cage don't count as space for them to run around. They should have at least the minimum cage recommendations of floor area on a single level.

The picture ony shows a tiny portion of their cage, they have floor space outside on the bottom also :) thanks for all of the suggestions!

Thanks for your advice, they will have constant access outside of their hutch to the run also so they have lots of space I just need to get them to use the ramps first so they can actually avail of the space! 😂

...it is the underneath I am referring to . I suspect your cage is a Fernplast Indoor home . If my suspicion is correct. , your cage is too small

If it’s the cage I think it is, it comes in two sizes a 100cm version and a 120cm version 🙂 I’m not sure what size this one is

Here is the 100cm version which I agree is too small

Attachments

• 1C44498B-B184-41FA-8EEB-ED3697FC562D.png
    1C44498B-B184-41FA-8EEB-ED3697FC562D.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back