• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

haylbeth

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I’m a recent guinea pig owner of two young girls, had them since January. I’ve just found this liquid in their cage while cleaning and I’m concerned about what it is? They’ve also been doing this puffing of air thing quite often, not sure if it is sneezing and if this is related. Help would be much appreciated! 😟109217

Looks like wee to me. Piggie wee is sometimes white as it's the only way that piggies can excrete excess calcium in their diet.

Looks like wee to me. Piggie wee is sometimes white as it's the only way that piggies can excrete excess calcium in their diet.
Oh right, that’s a relief haha thank you :nod:

100% looks like wee to me :) perhaps just check in theyre not getting too much calcium in their veg, theres some good charts on here :)

My vet checked my guinea pigs wee, and found the same as this, just run their veg under the tap to give them extra hydration, normaly sorts it out.

Avoid giving too much high calcium veg -

. Kale
.parsley
.spinach

And only one table spoon of pellets per pig per day👍

And if you want to, by a brita filter for their water

My vet checked my guinea pigs wee, and found the same as this, just run their veg under the tap to give them extra hydration, normaly sorts it out.

Avoid giving too much high calcium veg -

. Kale
.parsley
.spinach

And only one table spoon of pellets per pig per day👍

And if you want to, by a brita filter for their water
Thank you for your helpful info! :D

Back