• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What Is This ?

Nicky71

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Help .
I am taking piggy to vet tomorrow after I found this on him tonight . It is above his butt to the right . He seems fine in himself , normal behaviour , eating , pooping etc . But in the meantime what should I do ? Should I clean it and if so what with ? Looks like an open wound with yukky stuff inside and smells like halitosis . I handle him every day but only found this tonight ...
He has recently got over a URI and statis after the antibiotics .
One thing after another poor lad.
Thank you .

83E309FF-C1B8-4C5E-83FE-5BEFCD3AE045.jpeg

1D525DB6-1600-4F9F-9875-A9D3A74C58B9.jpeg

I’m so sorry I cant offer any advise on what to do (I’m not experienced enough.. sorry)
Hope he gets on ok at vets & good you got an appointment so quickly. Let us know how he gets on. Hugs x

Thanks . I’ve cleaned it with a saline solution . I suspect it is a burst abcess . x
I’m so sorry I cant offer any advise on what to do (I’m not experienced enough.. sorry)
Hope he gets on ok at vets & good you got an appointment so quickly. Let us know how he gets on. Hugs x
QUOTE="Hoppity.K, post: 2112541, member: 126762"]I’m so sorry I cant offer any advise on what to do (I’m not experienced enough.. sorry)
Hope he gets on ok at vets & good you got an appointment so quickly. Let us know how he gets on. Hugs x[/QUOTE]

Oh no! If I knew what it was I would tell you but sadly I don't. Hope he gets better soon!

You’ve done the right thing getting him to the vets and cleaning it with saline in the meantime. Please let us know how he gets on.

Back