• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why Does My Piggy Dip His Paws In Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabby

New Born Pup
Reaction score
my male Guinea pig he is still somewhat a baby. He recently just started dipping his front paws in his water dish but he'll stay there for a good few minutes and his hind legs will be down like he's resting lol it's so cute i thought maybe he's just hot?

He either likes the feeling or it is rather warm where you are and he has found a way of cooling himself in addition to the regular increased blood flow through the ears in order to shed heat.

Piggies can very much have their personal quirks.

:) Awww bless him. Megan would sit with feet in her water. Piggies have all sorts of ways unique to them as do humans

Has he been watching the Olympics on television recently?
Maybe some of the swimming events have inspired him to start his own version - piggie paw paddling ;)

I figure it's because he is warm, considering we live in Hawaii most places don't have AC. Only in the bedroom. It's just the cutest thing ever lol sometimes I'll wrap an ice pack in a cloth and he'll usually sit next to it. He's the cutest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back