• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Will It Ever Happen

Lunaandmaggie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, so my one piggie lost her cage mate hermione coming on 5 months now. We are very saddened by her death. But we got Luna the on piggie left a cage mate and Luna hates Maggie the new one she made her bleed today I have tried everything and Luna it's getting more clingy to me and Maggie hates me for putting her with Luna I don't know what to do

Oh dear! I'm afraid it sounds like they don't like each other! Did you introduce them properly or just put them in together and hope for the best? @Wiebke is good for advice. Can you help Wiebke?

Hello, so my one piggie lost her cage mate hermione coming on 5 months now. We are very saddened by her death. But we got Luna the on piggie left a cage mate and Luna hates Maggie the new one she made her bleed today I have tried everything and Luna it's getting more clingy to me and Maggie hates me for putting her with Luna I don't know what to do

Hi! I am very sorry for your loss!

Did you introduce them properly on neutral ground? It sounds like Luna felt invaded and bit in defence. After a full-on bite, guinea pigs won't go back together again; it sounds like that has hppened in your case unfortunately.
Illustrated Bonding / Dominance Behaviours And Dynamics

Can you please add your location so we can help you work out the best solution available for you; it depends very much on your local options. Please click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll to location. Please add your country, state/province or UK county. Thank you! We have members from all over the world, so there is never a one size fits all solution.

Back