• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Yellow and fat tooth

Sofiathepeso

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
8CF348BD-0AEC-4D6D-85AF-1AA5E5F9B176.jpeg I’m not sure why his tooth is this way, it happened a week after he broke off both of his top teeth.I can’t afford going to an exotic vet and I’m not sure how serious it is, the web is very confusing because I couldn’t find any information on this.If you know what’s wrong with Charlie, Please tell me, I appreciate the help, thank you

I have never seen this before. Where are
You located please? Tagging in @furryfriends (TEAS) as she is a dental expert @Adelle @Abi_nurse also
How long has it been like this? Can he eat okay?

View attachment 121790 I’m not sure why his tooth is this way, it happened a week after he broke off both of his top teeth.I can’t afford going to an exotic vet and I’m not sure how serious it is, the web is very confusing because I couldn’t find any information on this.If you know what’s wrong with Charlie, Please tell me, I appreciate the help, thank you

Hi!

Can you see a normal vet? This looks to me like a seed or bit of corn may be stuck on the tooth.
In this case, please review your diet.

I agree, can you use a cotton bud to gently drag off anything that’s collected over the tooth. When my Bill broke his tooth and it was shorter than the other it used to collect veggies on the surface and the opposing tooth is not rubbing and cleaning the broken tooth and it collects all sorts of gunk.

I have checked again, and indeed the yellow object IS a tooth.I will take him to a vet today or tomorrow, he has no problem eating or drinking water, just wanted to make sure if it was some sort of permanent disease.

I have checked again, and indeed the yellow object IS a tooth.I will take him to a vet today or tomorrow, he has no problem eating or drinking water, just wanted to make sure if it was some sort of permanent disease.
Just to make sure again, the tooth has only been like that for a few days

My Bill has a fat tooth after he broke his lower incisor and it does get a bit scaly and gunky, it’s probably that. If the root is damaged they do grow “fat”. This happened to us despite an urgent trip to the local vets that day! The vet may be able to de-scale it and check there’s no infection in the gum x

These are simply called giant teeth. Thought to be an issue with the root. However as it's discoloured it's also probably dying off. I wouldn't be surprised if it falls out or breaks. The teeth will still wear ok should it just happen to the one incisor on one side. Hope you get him sorted.

x

Back